Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advanced Digital Magnification (ADM), comparisons of Heer decals. Good vs Bad.

Article about: I just got home with my new toy, a 20 - 400 x digital microscope. After 30 minutes of checking out my bellybutton, various components of a meal (chicken looks like a complex limestone cave s

Default Re: Advanced Digital Magnification (ADM), comparisons of Heer decals. Good vs Bad.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    The best thing I have bought in a long time is one of these microscopes! The photos are amazing mate, you really can see the jagged lines on the fake eagle, hreat stuff!
    You reminded me about getting one of these the other day mate, so thanks

How long did it take you to have a look up your nose?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advanced Digital Magnification (ADM), comparisons of Heer decals. Good vs Bad.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Advanced Digital Magnification (ADM), comparisons of Heer decals. Good vs Bad.

Ha ha, haven't done that mate! That is the exact microscope that I bought too mate, they are amazing, I'm still learning how to use the thing but already can see the potential they have in catching out fakes in many aspects of the hobby. Your decal pics are very good mate!

?

Excellent work Andy, I liked to magnify the hairs coming out of your head and arm. I really grossed my daughter out at 400x LOL. Inkjet causes the dot matrix spots to appear on the decals and they really (the fakes) break down at high magnification. I will try to get a thread here on the subject as well especially relating to SS decals. But this is something I've used now for years and examined well over 120 SS helmets with and hundreds of others. I honestly believe the fakers cannot fake to the 200-400x level and my background in graphic design and print helps. Its helped identify a rare 4 toed Q Bigfoot decal and the Sauerland decal and weed put many fakes that were once thought to be good.

Thanks Doug, it's a fun little tool I will use a lot I think. The most annoying thing is knowing which way you have it oriented. I took some pics of a bad SS decal I got along with that Heer. You may have studied this one already, from France. I don't have a full pic at the moment but it's a Pocher fake.

Advanced Digital Magnification (ADM), comparisons of Heer decals. Good vs Bad.Advanced Digital Magnification (ADM), comparisons of Heer decals. Good vs Bad.

I won't publish some of the pics I've taken.... There is some surprisingly nasty looking crap going on in the micro world of your body

Maybe a health fourm? lol

AWESOME thread, and WONDERFUL education in the Heer decals..
    Thank you..

Thanks for the Link on the ADM dude. This is a must have.

yea i done my apprenticeship in print finish we coved printint methods new and old, but forgot now. done it for about 7 years but left about 6 years ago. i want on of those thingyme bobs now

I am sold on one of these. I just need to buy it and be done. Been putting it off way too long!

Great thread, Andy. Well done.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I am sold on one of these. I just need to buy it and be done. Been putting it off way too long!

Great thread, Andy. Well done.
    Definitely get one mate, it is a fantastic tool. It was originally Doug's early work on these that made me want one. I hope he posts the Sauerland analysis recently completed, closing the book on the controversy of those. It would make a great pinned thread. You should check out some of the threads at GHW I mentioned in post 10. Eventually I'd like us to have similar reference resources at our forum here also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast