Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice on the authenticity of a M1935 Heer German Helmet for sale online.

Article about: Hello, I have a question regarding a 'factory reissued' german M35. The description as follows, "This is an original M1935 Heer Single Decal German helmet. This Heer German helmet retai

Default Advice on the authenticity of a M1935 Heer German Helmet for sale online.

Hello,

I have a question regarding a 'factory reissued' german M35. The description as follows,

"This is an original M1935 Heer Single Decal German helmet. This Heer German helmet retains right at 65% of the original factory "reissue" paint. The exterior does have a few areas of light green camouflaged paint. The Split pin rivets are fully intact and are original to the helmet. This German helmet has the correct and original aluminum reinforced M1931 liner. The liner band is size 54. The liner leather is in rough condition with four torn liner fingers and staining. The original drawstring is present and is in fair condition with an area that is very thin. The original strap is present but is broken. The Heer decal rates at 70% with scuffs & wear. The helmet is an NS64 indicating manufacture by the Vereinigte Deutsche Nikelwerke, Schwerte, Germany. The lot number is 5951.

Is the paint original from WW2 period, even though it is reissued?

Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice on the authenticity of a M1935 Heer German Helmet for sale online.   Advice on the authenticity of a M1935 Heer German Helmet for sale online.  

Advice on the authenticity of a M1935 Heer German Helmet for sale online.   Advice on the authenticity of a M1935 Heer German Helmet for sale online.  

Advice on the authenticity of a M1935 Heer German Helmet for sale online.   Advice on the authenticity of a M1935 Heer German Helmet for sale online.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice on the authenticity of a M1935 Heer German Helmet for sale online.
    P
    Many

If it's on Dave's site then it has already been vetted by one of the best which should give you some comfort.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    If it's on Dave's site then it has already been vetted by one of the best which should give you some comfort.
    I've never dealt with him before, so I've been a little leery lately after being burned a few times. I will say I've gotten a lot better at eyeing and knowing what to look for on some of these helmets, with the help of this site. Many thanks.

Even dealers make mistakes but 99.9999% of the time you're safe with any helmet on Dave's site.

Hi , this one looks like a sound original factory reissue M35 single decal HEER helmet. I see no problems with this one, other than the condition of the liner. Leon.

I don't see any problems with that lid. You picked one of my top two favourite dealers there.

Dave is a class act. You WILL NOT GO WRONG with dealing with Dave, and no Dave did not pay me too say it. HaHa Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Dave is a class act. You WILL NOT GO WRONG with dealing with Dave, and no Dave did not pay me too say it. HaHa Marty
    Haha, thanks again for your input guys. I can't wait to add this shell to my collection, and really start kicking off my military collection the right way. Appreciate all the advice and feedback. Jack.

Jack, thanks for posting and good luck. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

I totally agree Dave is a good guy but no dealer, not even Dave is infallible. He has pulled the odd helmet when advised by vigilant collectors they were bad. When buying examine the item carefully AND from a good source, which no doubt Dave is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast