MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice from camo experts

Article about: The shell is original " SE64 - Sachsische Emallier-und Stanzwerke AG in Lauter " ... The rest are reproductions ... What do you think about camouflage ... Have you ever seen anythi

?

Default Advice from camo experts

The shell is original " SE64 - Sachsische Emallier-und Stanzwerke AG in Lauter " ... The rest are reproductions ... What do you think about camouflage ... Have you ever seen anything like .. ? ... Jerry-Can is original - Eastern Front ... and yellow camouflage on the Helmet is identical to the original Jerry-Can !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice from camo experts   Advice from camo experts  

Advice from camo experts   Advice from camo experts  

Advice from camo experts   Advice from camo experts  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Advice from camo experts
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Advice from camo experts

I moved this into its own thread.

As for the question I am unsure of what you are asking or your point. Are you saying the camo is fake (which it appears to be as is the decal and components) but it resembles the color of the gas can?

Paint is just colors, someone can match any color.

?

It is an original shell thats been doctored up to the hilt to decieve the unwary and the "camo scheme" can be achieved quite easily, not withstanding the internal components

Have to concur here with the fellows.
    If one red flag is on the helmet than it is likely the camo is also bad. I would leave it!

?

You have not understood the question .... helmet is a reproduction ... is not a fake ... the question is if you have seen such a camouflage .. or is just a color-play of the "camouflage" maker (doctor)

I own several high quality reproductions on original shell's , but I'm especially interested in this camouflage ... I saw that at one point, a relic with a similar camouflage ... "Thick Brushed Stripe Camo"

?

I own original objects WW2-German with original camo paint (1 Jerry-Can yelow Camo paint & 1 Gas-Mask whit original blue Camo paint) ... both types of paint present on helmet ... I say that from a technical standpoint this camouflage could exist

Jerry can is posted above and contains yellow and blue is found on the original gas-mask box ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Advice from camo experts  

?

I think that most Camo helmet schemes on either reproduction helmets or original shells that have been painted post war are copied from original camo paint jobs or at least from photographic examples

Advice from camo experts

I suppose it's similar to this one which i think is genuine!...

?

Thanks for the clarification, the camo schemes the German armed forces used were limited only by the theatre they fought in, the materials at hand and their imaginations. So to answer your question yes, the camo scheme and colours are plausible. BTW Fake and Reproduction are pretty much the same thing, just a different way of putting it. Either way neither term represents an item as being period authentic and with this helmet now other than the shell its sadly ruined and is anything but representative of a fantasy.

?

Original helmets were repainted and reused by army post-war ... You know well this aspect ... there are many shell in the world that are good only for reproduction ... helmet was already ruined when reproduction was made ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast