Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

"Afrika korps" helmet on e-bay

Article about: Hi guys what do you think of this? Interesting story the guy has behind it I thought!! WW2 German M35 helmet on eBay (end time 21-Aug-10 19:43:24 BST)

?

Default Re: "Afrika korps" helmet on e-bay

but he has put in a get out clause just in case

CANNOT guarantee this helmet is original, these days I rarely guarantee any helmet is original unless I have met the veteran that brought it back.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Afrika korps" helmet on e-bay
    P
    Many

always love the stories the seller adds to try n make it seem more authentic!!

?

I have bought a few things on ebay, a M42 with a ploish liner, which I replaced with a repro one, a coupla bayonets and a coupla more helmets. But I have always gone in eyes wide open and having done some research before I bid. I knew the M42 had a polish liner, and the price reflected it and I was happy to have it.

?

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    Hi guys what do you think of this? Interesting story the guy has behind it I thought!!
    I am sure if he put more effort into it this could have been Rommels old pot, captured by Monty himself.

Of course, he has to meet the veteran who brought it back to guarantee it to be original. I guess an elderly faker would fool him like the old French farmer in Normandy turning out fake FJs from his country shed

Quote by DougB View Post
    I am sure if he put more effort into it this could have been Rommels old pot, captured by Monty himself.

Of course, he has to meet the veteran who brought it back to guarantee it to be original. I guess an elderly faker would fool him like the old French farmer in Normandy turning out fake FJs from his country shed
    Or rusty pots with Hessian on top

?

Quote by DougB View Post

Indeed Doug indeed !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2