Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

All okay on this M42?

Article about: The price seems to be about the same, approx. \\$430 now...the slight difference is probably due to fluctuating exhange rates. Except for the bizarre addition of the SS decal I still think the

Default All okay on this M42?

Just wanted some opinions on this M42, I am very eager to buying it, but wanted to ask for some opinions first.

To me, it looks real good. It has an overpainted decal on one side, but just wanted to know what you thought about the color and liner etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture All okay on this M42?   All okay on this M42?  

All okay on this M42?   All okay on this M42?  

All okay on this M42?   All okay on this M42?  

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement All okay on this M42?
    P
    Many

Default Re: All okay on this M42?

Pics arent awesome but it looks like a nice combat used lid. Got the Makers Mark and lot number from the seller?

?

Looks ok so far, plus a dome stamp, liner looks ok, try and see if you can get any markings and lot no/

Is the helmet light green or is it the pictures?
    But does look Ok.
    chris

I contacted the seller to ask for markings etc. I guess 410 US $ is an okay price?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

looks ok , but i think the string in the liner is not original to the helm

I THINK it looks good. As the others said, ask for maker marks and lot number stampings. If possible, ask for pictures in natural light... aka taken outside. That would help a lot determining if the helmet is legit.

Get some closeups of the chinstrap as well if you can, if everything is legit then I think $400 is a good price.

This helmet is apparently still for sale and it has just had a SS decal applied for some strange reason.... don't ask me why, I though the helmet looked good with my own limited knowledge.

ABORT! ABORT THE MISSION!

If I were you, the addition of the decal would be a huge red flag and I'd just avoid this lid all together. It seems like this guy is trying to milk this helmet for all it's worth.

With that being said, if the guys on this forum can give you a 100% that the helmet itself is legit, and the seller doesn't up the price considering this helmet is now "magically" an SS lid... then I guess it could be an ok buy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast