MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

almost destroyed ?

Article about: Is there any way to save this helmet which has been repainted in white the decal seems good so I thought Id give it a try.... Rgds Jan

Jan
    ?

Default almost destroyed ?

Is there any way to save this helmet which has been repainted in white the decal seems good so I thought Id give it a try....

Rgds Jan
    Attached Images Attached Images almost destroyed ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement almost destroyed ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: almost destroyed ?

Hi Jan

Are you sure the helmet is repainted? You could you a paint remover like Aceton, best is to mix it with water so that it isn't to agressive...

Greetz

Nick VR

That looks a nice helmet, are you sure it's not the original white winter camo?, applied in the field by German forces. Be careful to check this out before attempting to remove it.
    Best Wishes.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Hi ya Jan , i would agree with Nick and luckystrike with this one , make sure that paint isnt period before you strip it back , you could post some clear close up pics to get opions from the guys here , but if your certian i would go with the acetone, slowly and gently , cheers Raymond

C'mon Jan!!

You've posted loads in the last few hours and not even touched on this item which is, with the greatest respect, the most interesting!! What's the deal? Is it yours? Is the white paint water based or oil?

First off, you gotta post better pic's for the guy's here who really know their onions. Do you really have this helmet in hand? No offence meant old boy, but i'd have thought you'd have shown a lot more interest in this item than the other multiple posts in the last few hours submitted by you that are... well, a little more light hearted, shall we say?

I don't wish to be rude, but i'm certainly interested!!

In anticipation, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Jan
    ?

Yeah well I decided to buy that helmet albeit the bad picture but the guy selling it vanished... so no deal here. From the original picture I could tell that it was painted afterwards (over rust) but don´t know wether it was a waterbased colour or not. For 40 euros I think it would have been a goood deal but... shit happened. The lightheartedness may have had something to do with a marvelous Belgian Trappiste beer

Cheers

Jan