Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Am I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut out

Article about: Hi Guys This is tempting me but I would appreciate a little help as I know they are tricky to find and fakes abound...………...does this one have a chance ? kind regards Tony

Default Am I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut out

Hi Guys

This is tempting me but I would appreciate a little help as I know they are tricky to find and fakes abound...………...does this one have a chance ?

kind regards Tony

Am I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut outAm I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut outAm I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut outAm I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut outAm I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut outAm I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut outAm I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut outAm I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut outAm I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut out

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Am I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut out
    P
    Many

Looks good to me. ET64 which it should be. Are there discernible serial#'s stamped into the inner dome ? There is a list of known serial#'s of confirmed examples but this one looks fine
    D.

I have asked the seller for a clearer picture of the maker stamp.... it is ET 64 on the left hand side but not clear in these pictures. I have also asked if there is the heating lot code in the dome...no answer on that as yet. The liner looks ok and the partial chin strap seems ok...…………….. fingers crossed. Anthing else I need to be wary of ? cheers Tony

Hi D, we posted at the same time.....I was hoping you may have an opinion when I saw you browsing....your comments and guidance appreciated.

I don't see any issues with this, wear seems commensurate with (genuine) age. The liner is a dead ringer for the one in my M17... although mine is a little chewed!

A picture of the liner for comparison...

Am I making a mistake or is it a good one ? M18 cut out

thanks, nice lid. I like the late war undyed liners a lot.

I have some doubts about the liner being original to the shell. The paintjob seems a bit too pristine.

Not being an expert, I cede to the chaps with real knowledge.

Cheers,
    Emile

The more I look at that lid, the more I like it. That worn interior paint and rust looks exactly like what you would expect to see on a 100 year-old helmet.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    The more I look at that lid, the more I like it. That worn interior paint and rust looks exactly like what you would expect to see on a 100 year-old helmet.

Cheers,
    Steve.
    Steve, I am also feeling the love ! just breaking into the kids piggy banks as I TYPE...…………...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast