Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Another black m42

Article about: This helmet was giving to my son 2 years ago when he was 10. A friend knew my son collected ww2 items and said he found the helmet in a family members house after the man had past away. I al

I just don't think there is any way to be sure when it was painted! It would definitely take someone with a lot of experience looking at it in hand... and even then I don't think a guarantee could be given! Wish I could be more help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The black is on top of the green. I know there have been recent post of black camo helmets. Just wondering about the possibilities of this been another one. The helmet was given to my son by Col. Joe Estes was was awarded the DSC in Vietnam who found in a house of a deceased family member. So my son does not care one way or another. He would never part with it. Just wanted to get opinions for myself I guess.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thought I would try one more time before I delete this thread. In anyone's honest opinion does it look to be a camo helmet? Throw things out there for discussion. I guess the sounds of crickets should tell me something. Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12