Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

another 'Italian camo' on e-bay!

Article about: by big ned Nice bit of detective work JB. For what it's worth i've reported him and his helmet to ebay, but won't hold my breathe on it. Ned. I've reported many sellers before now, and nothi

Default another 'Italian camo' on e-bay!

I'm not interested in buying this lid just wondered why alot of these Italian camo pieces seem to be popping up lately!? Going for big bucks too!! German Helmet WWII M42 (ITALIAN CAMPAIGN CAMOUFLAGE) on eBay (end time 19-Aug-10 21:18:21 BST)
    Attached Images Attached Images another 'Italian camo' on e-bay!  another 'Italian camo' on e-bay! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement another 'Italian camo' on e-bay!
    P
    Many

Default Re: another 'Italian camo' on e-bay!

It's our Italian friend again... Judging by his feedback he's sold more super rare helmets in the last six months than the Imperial War Museum has ever owned, and at bargain prices too. I can't believe that his punters are so naive.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by LondonJay View Post
    I'm not interested in buying this lid just wondered why alot of these Italian camo pieces seem to be popping up lately!? Going for big bucks too!!
    Hello,
    The answer is included in your question...why?...just because they're going to big bucks to collectors dreamers.....that's pure capitalism in action, supply and demand...they're not enough genuine camouflaged helmets for all collectors on the planet, so fakers take care of the collectors who didn't make their homework, who collect on their own, who shut themselves up in caves, never showing any stuff to anybody.
    bad camo btw...looks like a decent M42 that has been ruined...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I wouldnt be suprised if this is what he created out of an M40 he bought on the 21st of Feb this year, even looking at what he's previously bought from other sellers is enough warning about what he's doing. I cant believe that people are actually parting with that amount of cash as you dont even need to be an expert to recognise that theres something seriously wrong. Endless supply of very rare helmets? Bargain prices and being sold on ebay? Previously purchased items including parts to assemble these helmets? Not to mention the fact that the camo just looks completely rubbish, I couldnt see a German soldier doing this to his helmet to be honest.

Thanks

Danny

?

I could go to Bunnings right now and probaly buy those colours in spray packs. Looks as though that he has done exactly that with this helmet, though he more than likel got them from the Italian version of bunnings

Good to see our friend Mr Ciak hasn't lost his magic touch for finding those mega rare pieces. If anyone is interested I have a solid gold double decal M35 that belonged to Adolf Hitler himself, yours for, oh, shall we say £450...

Guys
    your gonna love this one Check it out.

Before and After .....New paint job M42 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I don't usually link to other forums, but this is a "must see"

What Italian Friend are we talking about. Anybody got a name?

LOL. That is amazing John! nice catch. i hope more people realize that this fraudster is ripping off naive buyers. I really don't like the colors or pattern on this one. Looks phony from a mile away.

Nice bit of detective work JB. For what it's worth i've reported him and his helmet to ebay, but won't hold my breathe on it.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast