Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Another look at Normandy lid:)

Article about: by Tom Bennett Hello, Thanks for your reply.It does have plenty of ware and you can see it in the close up of the painted out decal.I know the other digital pics can show it to look too fres

Default Re: Another look at Normandy lid:)

I like it as well Tom,

I can see what you are saying about it NOT being black, and the amount of wear and patina looks fine to me.

Some members seem to just like to put other peoples items down or question their originality, while everything they own is always correct

Enjoy your helmet Tom and don't worry about the naysayers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Its a very nice looking helmet Tom. Don't bother what others may think. You have got it in the flesh (so to speak) while others can only look at pictures of it. The camera can indeed lie, although that is not always the intention of the person operating the camera!

Thankyou guys,
    I appreciate your comments and positive feedback very much.It is a nice hobby when you can share somthing nice with others that like the hobby too.We could just do without the critics spoiling the fun

Tom

Quote by Tom Bennett View Post
    Thankyou guys,
    I appreciate your comments and positive feedback very much.It is a nice hobby when you can share somthing nice with others that like the hobby too.We could just do without the critics spoiling the fun

Tom
    It's those "critics" that have helped make a case against the majority of fakes being posted here. Not the Harry's or the Mortlocks who jump at any chance to get in a remark against the critics but are remarkably quiet in other helmet topics that require common sense and knowledge.
    I guess some people just cannot accept a differing opinion that's been made clear by this topic.
    Welcome to the controversial world of camo collecting Tom , the second most faked type of TR helmet. SS being on nr 1.

BTW Viewing something with a critical eye is necessary in this hobby.

Okay i take that no probs,
    I just hate things being confused and the world of cammos is hard enough.Unfortunately digital photos can change colour to the point where blue can look black when its not true.I have to say that when buying from dealers that have traded for 30+ years one could be quite safe with him knowing what hes doing.Surley these guys would know the differance but thats the field we're in i guess
    Thankyou for your welcome note

Tom

I love this helmet.

Thanks Feuerbach

All the best with your own collecting my friend

Tom

Quote by Tom Bennett View Post
    Okay i take that no probs,
    I just hate things being confused and the world of cammos is hard enough.Unfortunately digital photos can change colour to the point where blue can look black when its not true.I have to say that when buying from dealers that have traded for 30+ years one could be quite safe with him knowing what hes doing.Surley these guys would know the differance but thats the field we're in i guess
    Thankyou for your welcome note

Tom
    Tom , no dog in the fight , only my humble opinion
    You're right , digital photos can change a lot of things and I must say yours aren't the best . As always my advice would be to take pics with a better definition and with natural light for the colors !
    In this case , I just can't say your helmet is a one looker , not based on the color ( if you knew how "odd" some original camos are ) but only based on the wear wich should be the main criterion IMHO

Buying from dealers doesn't mean they always know what they sell , whether they are for 1 or 30 years in the business Just , some are better than others and , even there , you always have to know what you're buying . If you trust them like god , you could have some disappointments in the end !

As said , welcome in the TR camo minefield and take care

Hello,
    Thanks for your reply.It does have plenty of ware and you can see it in the close up of the painted out decal.I know the other digital pics can show it to look too fresh but that last batch was taken outside.Sadly the sun decided to disappear and i never had time to wait but i would bet my collection on this one being right. The fact about ware is nearly every collector seems to think they are all battleworn to the point of being almost relic but many were not and they are only in fact 60 years old. I have seen almost mint Helmets from WWI which are much older in excellent shape and even own ground dug items that are as such.Go figure the differance but it is a difficult field we're in when it comes down to it.I am happy that many like my Helmet as i do

Tom

Just seen this again and on your first post I said the its the real deal i was your fourth comment and stick by it i still love it!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast