Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Another M33 Duckbill Stabswache helmet

Article about: by Anders Sorry but I have seen photos from the time with both M16 and M18 + Austrian helmets shells shown.. Sorry Anders, I was a bit ambiguous in my post. By combat shells, I meant no civi

I deleted the post with the images. I just told about my observations
    and what I had seen with photographs. I did not speak at all about authenticity.
    Anders can show the close-ups in a coming book, as he has them.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 03-19-2014 at 05:08 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another M33 Duckbill Stabswache helmet
    P
    Many

?

A pleasure to see.

All in all a very rare helmet! timothy

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    I am not a helmet expert, in no way. But from photographs I know (some I did
    show in my book "Ringkragen und Brustschilder im Dritten Reich") , I can
    see the Stabswache- or Feldherrnhalle helmets did not have the double
    ventilation-holes. The decal was just beneath the one hole! Just an observation of
    mine!
    Hi Wim, Thanks for your observations.
    If you take a look in your book "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" vol:3
    On page 433 there are a photograph from a wedding where the soldiers wear exactly the same
    kind of Wachtstandarte helmet that Jim and I have posted here.

?

by Scout

Looks like the decals were more or less deliberately removed.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    There are very few surviving examples of Stabswache Rohm helmets, and on nearly all at least the Red Adler decal, which I believe is what identifies it as a Stabswache ROHM piece, has been intentionally defaced, or, as on my example, nearly entirely removed. I believe that the Adler decal was intentionally obliterated on these after the Night of the Long Knives, when Rohm, and many other SA members were murdered on Hitler's order. Jim G.
    As Jim say, think most off them got removed but they was easy to remove since the decals are fragile. There is no heavy scratch marks on my helmet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another M33 Duckbill Stabswache helmet  

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think I'm right in saying all FHH helmets are combat models.
    Sorry but I have seen photos from the time with both M16 and M18 + Austrian helmets shells shown..

?

Jim, Thanks for the nice words and defending about my Wachtstandarte helmet!
    Wim, Happy you liked my helmet. What FHH picture did you post? I did not see the photos.

?

I have a model 33 droop bill, I would be thrilled if it had traces of those decals on it. No matter how hard I concentrate they just will not appear. So much for mind over matter.

Hello Anders,

I took a look at my photographs and saw that the helmets in use did not have the ventilation holes,
    but just one hole. This goes for all photographs I have about Feldherrenhalle and sorts of guards.

I know the photograph in volume 3, page 433. I know it is the style, but one cannot see either the
    ventilation-holes. Have a look at the guys at the right. The decal would be positioned over any hole,
    so big is it. This is what I observe!

Your question about what I had shown in this thread: I had shown some photographs with decals, but
    when I had posted them, I reminded I had send you these photographs for the book. So, I deleted the
    material for the good cause (the book which is planned). I posted close-ups from the Klubert-photo, as
    well as the Scowen and the young lad, which you bought from me.

I just told what I had observed, but did not say anything about authenticity. What I am looking for is
    a photograph where indeed the ventilation-holes are visible as with the helmet in post 1. Just curious?

Good luck with the book, Wim

Great helmet maybe I will be lucky one day to get one

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast