Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Another M33 Duckbill Stabswache helmet

Article about: by Anders Sorry but I have seen photos from the time with both M16 and M18 + Austrian helmets shells shown.. Sorry Anders, I was a bit ambiguous in my post. By combat shells, I meant no civi

Quote by Anders View Post
    Sorry but I have seen photos from the time with both M16 and M18 + Austrian helmets shells shown..
    Sorry Anders, I was a bit ambiguous in my post. By combat shells, I meant no civic types. I've not seen any M33/M34 etc shells being used by the Feldherrnhalle. I could be wrong though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another M33 Duckbill Stabswache helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Sorry Anders, I was a bit ambiguous in my post. By combat shells, I meant no civic types. I've not seen any M33/M34 etc shells being used by the Feldherrnhalle. I could be wrong though.
    Ok a missunderstanding, I have not seen any either.

The Fhh Standarte was created in '36 and they used M35's drawn from Luftwaffe supply. What you'll see, if you ever find a real one, are Lufties painted brown, then re-decalled, with the inside crown usually left Luft blue. Unsure why the FHH helmets are mentioned in this thread. The Stabswache did use WWI shells as seen in the period pix. The one in this thread is not, however, a Himmler style shell.

?

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    they used M35's drawn from Luftwaffe supply. What you'll see, if you ever find a real one, are Lufties painted brown, then re-decalled, with the inside crown usually left Luft blue.
    Not always.... There are several pictures with FHH soldiers that use M16 and M18 helmets with FHH decals.
    These pictures are from 1941.Another M33 Duckbill Stabswache helmetAnother M33 Duckbill Stabswache helmet

That's neat to see. Are any of these known to reside in collections?

?

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    That's neat to see. Are any of these known to reside in collections?
    Never seen a real one in any collection. Would be great to see!!

Great pictures Anders.
    chris

?

top helmet.

?

I'll bump my Wachstandarte too, soon whole first page is brown ;-)

?

Just curious--perhaps someone here would have a thought about why, since the decals are so fragile, would the edges of the transfer be left on the helmet? It seems it would have taken another minute or two to finish the removal. I wouldn't think anyone would wear the helmet with the decal only partially removed?
    Erich

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast