MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another No Decal Q

Article about: Hey guys so I’ve set my sight on my next helmet and I want it to be a Rear stamped Quist helmet. Just wanted to make sure everything was good with this helmet in your eyes as well everythi

Default Another No Decal Q

Hey guys so I’ve set my sight on my next helmet and I want it to be a Rear stamped Quist helmet. Just wanted to make sure everything was good with this helmet in your eyes as well everything looks good to me.!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another No Decal Q   Another No Decal Q  

Another No Decal Q   Another No Decal Q  

Another No Decal Q  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another No Decal Q
    P
    Many

One thing I do find odd is I asked the seller if he could tell me the lot number because I was curious he said the paint on the inside is rather thick and makes it hard to see if you can even see it at all. Is this a characteristic of Quist helmets because I’ve never heard of that on m40’s only on M42’s with weak standings.

Looks very nice so far.
    Sometimes they may not have hit the punch hard enough to make a nice deep stamping.
    My two M40s don't have the clearest of markings either, but that is mainly down to the low quality and runny nature of the paint they used at the Quist factory that late in the war.
    Just ask him to take a few pictures of the marking, that should do.
    Luis

That one is a very nice representative example - no worries with it at all. Jim G.

Okay thank you Potatodigger! Here are the pictures

Also thank you helmet2id!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another No Decal Q   Another No Decal Q  

Interesting that the paint on the inside appears to be textured, too.
    Maybe just another late war oddity.
    The Q M40s I've had so far had smooth paint on the inside.
    As for a lot number, I can see something that looks like DNxx6
    Probably DN500 series
    Luis

Very good observation! I didn’t even think to raise that as a question!

Does anyone have a Q helmet example that does have the rough paint on this inside of the helmet????

I’ve been searching to see if I could find another Rear stamped Quist with rough interior paint on the skirt and this is the closest one I could find. also I think this might have just been a thing where it was done by accident and just pushed out for service still.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another No Decal Q  

MAP
    ?

You can be the judge

Another No Decal QAnother No Decal Q
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast