Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Another one!? Kriegsmarine M40 EF64....

Article about: Very nice lid. Good to see you have come to realize you are doomed to collect helmets forever. I could think of worst things though... Todd gives good advise, keep the wife/girlfriend happy,

Thumbs up Another one!? Kriegsmarine M40 EF64....

This latest purchase marks my absolute unconditional submission to this hobby, I have been trying to reign it in a little of late. I am naught but a piece of flotsam in the swirling currents and I'm now comfortable with that

KM M40 from a member over at GHW, to me a one look KM with a nice border to the adler and a great golden hue. I've decided I will try and do something with the liner, I wouldn't usually try and repair anything but it is doomed otherwise I think, though I always prefer them untouched. These KM decals are so prone to flaking in the gold field, notice the swastika is very specifically flaked off leaving the outline in the more sturdy black. It's my second marine lid and now my only M40 since Dan took my winter camo.

Currently negotiating the take over of a second shelf in the lounge with my girlfriend. So far it's costing me the price of half a ND '42 in dresses and shoes

Another one!? Kriegsmarine M40 EF64....Another one!? Kriegsmarine M40 EF64....Another one!? Kriegsmarine M40 EF64....Another one!? Kriegsmarine M40 EF64....Another one!? Kriegsmarine M40 EF64....Another one!? Kriegsmarine M40 EF64....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another one!? Kriegsmarine M40 EF64....
    P
    Many

Default Re: Another one!? Kriegsmarine M40 EF64....

Please let this be the helmet you you send around the world and send it here first, I'll make sure it moves onto the next person but you know mate its a bit like Chinese whispers, by the time you get it back it might be something completely unrecognisable, for example an empty ice cream container with an elastic chinstrap stapled to it.

nice lid mate these marine lids are often found with liners in bad shape i have seen loads like this!

It will probably be fine with the paper clip, what were you planning to do with the liner?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    It will probably be fine with the paper clip, what were you planning to do with the liner?
    Maybe you are right. I was planning on using some kind of glue to marry the edges back up, it would probably look OK if I did, but it goes against my nature really.

?

Give it a few drops of glue mate. It's doomed anyway as you say. Very nice and clean looking helmet

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    It's my second marine lid and now my only M40 since Dan took my winter camo.
    Sorry Krad, I felt guilty for a moment for taking your only M40 .................... only for a moment though, I'm well over it now

I recently bought a low long glass display cabinet so I could unpack my many boxes of bits and display them better - now I've got LESS room than before!!!!!!!!!!
    My office is now like a Tardis in reverse - big on the outside, cramped as all hell on the inside!!
    Dan

Andy you are doomed to be a helmet collector forever. Just accept it. A while back I bought my wife a 5 diamond ring for our anniversary. It didn't get me any extra display room but I got a few helmets out of it, sO that was a good trade off. Remember, happy wife (or girlfriend) = happy life.

Thanks chaps

The next one is already on the way (a real beauty), that's 4 in just over a month!

?

What kind of helmet is it Krad?

Regards, Lars

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast