Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another rusted M35 wired

Article about: Hi Guys, Well this is another rusted relic, some people think that the wire and white camo were done post war but all I can tell you is that they been there for the last 60 yrs. This helmet

?

Default Another rusted M35 wired

Hi Guys,
    Well this is another rusted relic, some people think that the wire and white camo were done post war but all I can tell you is that they been there for the last 60 yrs. This helmet was originally painted in Luft. Blue and the repainted whith a sick type of paint.I tried cleaning it with Oxalic Acid but the helmet was already to rusted and chuncks of metal started to fall off so I stoped. In order to stop the rusting process I gave it a coat of Matt clear lacquer.
    Helmet was found in a collapsed bunker under a bunch of wood logs, it seems that belong to a radio comunication unit since radio components were found around. According to the digger there were other bunkers close by, all Items belong to a Luft div. since other helmets were found with the same color.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another rusted M35 wired   Another rusted M35 wired  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another rusted M35 wired
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Another rusted M35 wired

hi have you any pics of liner nice lid

?

Quote by iron View Post
    hi have you any pics of liner nice lid
    No Liner only traces of it ..a yellowish band color all around which I believe was done by the decomposition of the aluminun that turns into a yellow dust under certain weather conditions.(see other helmet pic)

?

Quote by Luis22 View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Well this is another rusted relic, some people think that the wire and white camo were done post war but all I can tell you is that they been there for the last 60 yrs. This helmet was originally painted in Luft. Blue and the repainted whith a sick type of paint.I tried cleaning it with Oxalic Acid but the helmet was already to rusted and chuncks of metal started to fall off so I stoped. In order to stop the rusting process I gave it a coat of Matt clear lacquer.
    Helmet was found in a collapsed bunker under a bunch of wood logs, it seems that belong to a radio comunication unit since radio components were found around. According to the digger there were other bunkers close by, all Items belong to a Luft div. since other helmets were found with the same color.
    Another Pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another rusted M35 wired  

Looks an honest item to me.

Cheers, Ade.

Nice relic lid

I have one on the way to oz.Hope it's as good as your's and i'd be happy with that.Good to see some are surviving with wire cammo net intact.Good study of how it was applied roughly in the field

Tom

?

Quote by PHILBROWN View Post
    luis thats the nicest relic whie snow camo with wire ive ever seen, a great item/find
    Thanks Phill, I really like it too..I placed it on a display case next to other helmets that are not relic and this one stands out..it has a lot of character!!