Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anti Glare M35 Gothic Line Find

Article about: Hello everyone, Once again I come to you for help, I do not want to make a habit of this as it may get annoying for you but I enjoy talking to you guys as well as leaning. To start off, this

Question M35 Helmet / Gothic Line Find! With Anti-Glare Paint

Hello everyone,
    Once again I come to you for help, I do not want to make a habit of this as it may get annoying for you but I enjoy talking to you guys as well as leaning.
    To start off, this is an M35 I have been offered. The seller is from Italy and part of the Associazione Linea Gotica, and this helmet was found in/around Loiano in Italy. On the liner it has the previous owners name, and if I look into battles along the Gothic Line around Loiano, it seems that this helmet was from the German 65 Infanterie Division in Loiano!
    The helmet is in worn condition, but during the war it was covered in a Green Anti Glare Paint, to combat the shiny Italian sun. It has the liner and chinstrap, the chinstrap seems wartime repaired. Overall I believe it is a nice helmet, I have a question about the liner pins, they seem a bit shiny, or is that just where the paint has worn off?
    The seller is asking €400 which will include shipping from Italy, which seems fair. Opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anti Glare M35 Gothic Line Find   Anti Glare M35 Gothic Line Find  

Anti Glare M35 Gothic Line Find   Anti Glare M35 Gothic Line Find  

Last edited by HetzersGonnaHetz; 11-24-2016 at 07:38 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Anti Glare M35 Gothic Line Find
    P
    Many

Unfortunately the Maker/Size number has been covered by the Anti Glare Paint.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anti Glare M35 Gothic Line Find  

Hi, the split pins are early brass ones that did not retain paint very well. later in the war most helmet colours had a fine texture mixed in to aid with anti glare so maybe this was a bit of improvisation from the soldier . All looks original but I think 400 euros is tad to much considering it a no decal and the paint is in pretty rough shape.

Thank you for the response Blackdog, glad the split pin issue was cleared up. Right ok then, too much you say, what would you say is fair then, I thought €400 was decent

It's not really a special helmet in any way is it? Not a camo, not a wire. EU400 does seem a little high. Maybe offer 300 and see how you go? Worst that happens is the seller says no and then your money can go towards something better.

Just thought due to the Gothic Line provenance it might be worth a little more, I'll ask if he can go any lower, if not then back to the search for a christmas helmet!

Hi, photographs taken on a helmet stand in a workshop full of tools and cotton buds with green paint on their tips? I would worry about how much "restoration" of helmets is going in that place! I would pass. Leon.

Ok mate, thank you for the response!

I would agree maybe 300, it is nothing special and it is in rather rough condition. Also the provenance is thin without any real paperwork or history to go with it. It simply could be that it was purchased by the gentlemen and he now retains it in that area. If the name inside could be research to a Gothic line position/unit then it would have some solid backing. So i would just look at it as a beat up m35.
    Morris

Well the seller is part of L'Associazione Linea Gotica, who dig and tour in that area -http://www.lineagotica.eu/index.php?lang=en- and this was found in an attic in Loiano, where the 65 Infanterie Division were positioned and defended the town alongside the 362 Division and the 98 Division against the 91st US Infantry Division.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast