Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any help would be most appreciated!

Article about: Agreed-the liner probably did not come originally with this shell, but I can tell you-whoever Did put this liner in did a bang up nice job of it. Usually, the metal ring shows tampering with

Default Any help would be most appreciated!

Hello everybody, I recently came across a couple of items and really have no idea what I have got. I posted some pictures of a belt and buckle last night and was able to gain some real knowledge. I hope to be able to do the same here. Any info you can give me would be most appreciated.

Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!

There appears to be some sort of marking in the crown but I did not want to remove the liner for fear of doing something wrong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any help would be most appreciated!
    P
    Many

Original M42 shell made by CKL but with repop liner and chinstrap. Note the mismatched paint on the rivets - they have come from somewhere else.

Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Can we get a better pic of the buckle on the strap as well as the backs of the liner retaining pins? If you pull the inner liner band gently you should be able to get a good view.

Thank you both for checking this out. I kind of figured the liner was a reproductioin considering the condition. While trying to get a picture of the pins I did find a couple of different stamps on the band and have done my best to show those. Thanks again!!

Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!

H'mm, now the liner looks much better.... still not the original but maybe AN original?
    If you could look at the backside of the leather there may be some marks to indicate that. Also the felt will look its age - hard to describe but modern felt is softer. Have never seen an original chin strap that was ink stamped though.

Dan

Dan, I think I did what you are asking even though I didn't really want to untie it....I did! Says D58N44 and I added a picture of the making on the crown but I am sure you already knew what it was.

Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!

To me it all looks good, the dome stamp is an inspection mark to show it passed muster. The rivets I meant are the 3 holding the liner into the shell rather than the leather pins. If you can get a pic of the legs as they pass through the outer band it will help say if it has been swapped out. I think the strap has a good shot, I've heard of ink stamped straps but never seen one.

PS: It's not a good idea to untie the liner cord, I don't think Dan meant for you to do that by his advice, just to peek under the tongues No real harm done, everybody gets one free blooper

Don't do it again or we will cut off your fingers

I think the liner looks original but agree with Dan that it perhaps doesn't match the wear to the shells exterior. Chinstrap including buckle looks good but that ink stamp on it is out of my comfort zone, never seen anything like that before but hopefully it will check out.

I think I got what you are asking for, I did my best but did not want to force anything.

Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!Any help would be most appreciated!

The 1st two pictures are of the same clip.

Yeah didnt mean for you to untie it, just hava peek with a torch & mirror.
    Still, proves that it is a good one. Rivets look tight but I still think its been carefully put together.

A good one to exercise the brain cells on. :-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast