Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Apple Green DD M35

Article about: After waiting for what seemed like an eternity - my very first, salty but nice, little DD M35 turned up in the mail. Its an ET62 with a lot number of 0 over 3800. I haven't yet had a good lo

Default Apple Green DD M35

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity - my very first, salty but nice, little DD M35 turned up in the mail.

Its an ET62 with a lot number of 0 over 3800. I haven't yet had a good look inside but on first inspection I was not able to find any stamps on the liner nor in the dome of the shell. In person the Heer decal has toned to a very nice gold (for a second I tried to convince myself it was a Kriegsmarine lid ). All of the pins sit nice and untouched against the outside of the shell which has wear in the usual locations. Looks like it had an interesting life and I'd love to know how it survived in this early configuration.

The liner is heavily used while the D rings appear to be the square cornered type. Another talking point for this lid is the name Hank Hewey and the year 1945 which has been written in bright red in the dome of the shell. I'm assuming this may have been the soldier who brought it back to America after the cessation of hostilities. I'll try to take some better shots when I can.

Big thanks to David (Reel Steel) who offered his advice and expertise on this purchase.

The decals aren't the best but I love the general appearance and hope you like it too! Any comments more than welcome.

Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35 Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35Apple Green DD M35

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Apple Green DD M35
    P
    Many

This is stunning - it's the paint and patina that really set it off for me.
    The Nat decal is also in good condition and i like the worn liner.
    A great pick-up - i'm very happy for you,
    Nick

Thanks very much Houndstooth. I really love it and even though it’s not perfect it’s an interesting lid for sure.

Patina on the paint is quite nice. A true survivor that's well balanced.
    Glad it finally arrived !!
    D.

I could’ve sworn I’ve seen this helmet before maybe it’s just my imagination :,) lol!! I love it nice helmet!!!!!!!

Very nice pick up .... Good advice David.
    You probably dreamt about the Helmet Giants77!! ... lol

TWS
    ?

Very nice acquisition Andy! It has a lot of character and I like it. As long as the price was proportionate, don't worry about the decal. If I got rid of all of my helmets with less than 90% decals (which is the level at which it seems all the ooh's and aah's start) I'd have a much smaller helmet collection indeed. Overall look, character, and how the helmet presents itself are important to me and this one is definitely worthy.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Well done, a nice representative example of the HEER M35 double decal helmet. Leon.

That’s a great helmet, the patina on the liner and the outside really make it for me at least. I usually don’t like the bright green the early heer helmets have as it looks kinda goofy but the “toned” look the paint has is amazing. It’s also really cool it has the name of the G.I. who captured it, really adds to the history this helmet has.

Thanks Todd!

I paid $845 USD for this helmet which was quite happy with. Would have been nice if it had a chinstrap but I guess you can’t have everything

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast