Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

In this Army DD MD40 Helmet 100% Authentic???

Article about: I think the chin strap is from a reissue norwegian helmet as ive seen this type buckle on them before.As for the decals id go with the comments made before. I think the liner has been altere

?

Default In this Army DD MD40 Helmet 100% Authentic???

Hi guys! Need help again. Can you guys tell whether or not this Army MD40 Double Decal helmet is 100% authentic? If not, how can you tell (I like to learn for you guys as much as I can)? The side marked ET62 and rear is marked 60.

Also, if this is the real deal, what would you expect to pay for a helmet like this at a show?

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture In this Army DD MD40 Helmet 100% Authentic???   In this Army DD MD40 Helmet 100% Authentic???  

In this Army DD MD40 Helmet 100% Authentic???   In this Army DD MD40 Helmet 100% Authentic???  

In this Army DD MD40 Helmet 100% Authentic???   In this Army DD MD40 Helmet 100% Authentic???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement In this Army DD MD40 Helmet 100% Authentic???
    P
    Many

Default Re: In this Army DD MD40 Helmet 100% Authentic???

not an original double decal IMHO (tricolor , odd liner and chinstrap etc ..)

?

Quote by francis006 View Post
    not an original double decal IMHO (tricolor , odd liner and chinstrap etc ..)
    Don`t look right to me either.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks guys, but can you please be specific about what you see that leads you to believe it's not auth? I'm trying to learn how to spot these things, and I think understanding more about what makes this fake can only help the forum. Thanks!

?

After re-reading francis006's post, I should clarify that I'm looking for a more elaborate description of what is wrong with the helmet. "tricolor , odd liner and chinstrap etc"... can you please be more specific as to what you see that is "tricolor", and what color(s) it/they should it be; and what specifically is odd about the liner and chinstrap as well?

I know your time is valuable, and I'm sure I speak on behalf of all novice helmet collectors in this forum when I express my sincerest thanks for your time

?

i think my eyes are playing tricks on me. either the hands are HUGE or thats a small helmet. even the 7 liner tabs seem to fit well instead of the normal 8 tab liner. i remember seeing one like this long ago. smallest helmet i ever saw. and it was original. i cant tell you anything on the decals, other than look for what i call china cracking. fine cracks in the decals like old china. but that lid looks like it was for a really small head. thats if my eyes are not playing tricks on me.
    andrew

it does look small

?

Guys like many things in our hobby buying the books first is a prerequisite to not loosing a lot of money , a particulary good one is Goodapple and Weinands German Helmets 1933-1945 which can be bought quite cheaply.

One of the things they cover is the exact measurements of most decals, the Heer eagle decal should measure 41mm high and 33mm wide , if it doesn't conform to those measurements then it is suspect , the national tricolour 40mm and 33mm so if Dzyner measures them your queries re the size will be answered
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

knowing what to check is a long learning process and I sadly can't tell you all in few words . Comparing with good decals is a good beginning but experience is the key
    To make short , the eagle is a good ET so far but not the tricolor because of the shape and few typical features . Ageing between decals doesn't match too IMHO .
    Better pics could help but it looks to be a wrong stitching on the leather and a bad shape for the buckle

M40 with double decals alarm bells are ringing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast