Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Army M-35 SD reissue

Article about: Also looking at this piece on trade, need opinions on authenticity? thanks, Bill

?

Default Army M-35 SD reissue

Also looking at this piece on trade, need opinions on authenticity? thanks, BillArmy M-35 SD reissueArmy M-35 SD reissueArmy M-35 SD reissueArmy M-35 SD reissueArmy M-35 SD reissueArmy M-35 SD reissueArmy M-35 SD reissue

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army M-35 SD reissue
    P
    Many

?

helmet is ef60, liner size 53 pinhead, come on guys opinions?

People will come in time, the only thing which would bother me would be the possibility that the liner has been replaced.
    Morris

Hi Drbill, the liner looks to be a definite replacement to me, mainly because the size should be marked in even numbers not odd!! That said the shell looks ok and the decal seems to be a nice "grey lined" type , so I guess it's all about cost and how much you want a "complete original" helmet as opposed to parts? Leon.

?

there are odd numbered liners, ie 53 for lid size 60, 55 for lid size 62 etc, have owned several odd sized liners over the years, that is not true

?

I'm in agreement with Drbill on the liner sizes. I've seen odd numbered period original liners, and personally own a vet purchased camo helmet with the liner stamped "57". Perhaps you were referring to the shell stamp Leon?

I see no problems with the size stamp on the leather; size 60 shell accepts size 52 and 53 leather.
    If i were you i would ask the seller to take photos of the split pins.
    Overall the outside looks good, i would like that helmet.

It looks alright to me. Odd number sized liners are indeed OK, each shell size has 2 (inner band) liner sizes. Condition-wise I think it all matches up. I think an unworn lid that was not perfectly stored over the years. That said, it's in great condition.

?

I like it and see no issues personally.

Brad.

Look at the inside of the liner - there should be a stamp or some marks on the leather.
    But if the liner was replaced when reissued and not used much that would make it look out of place.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast