MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Authenticity of helmet?

Article about: Hi there. I got this helmet not too long ago and I wanted to know if not only the helmet was real, but the name on it too. The name Viktor Bauer is a WWII flying ace. A famous one at that. I

Default Authenticity of helmet?

Hi there. I got this helmet not too long ago and I wanted to know if not only the helmet was real, but the name on it too. The name Viktor Bauer is a WWII flying ace. A famous one at that.
    I got the helmet from a seller in Ukraine where Bauer was shot down while he was on the Eastern Front. While looking more at the signatures that he's done for photos and the writing on the helmet, some of the letter matched up too.
    His wiki has a lot of his info on it including the command shows on the helmet too. If anyone can shed some light on this I would greatly appreciate it!
    Thanks!
    -Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Authenticity of helmet?   Authenticity of helmet?  

Authenticity of helmet?   Authenticity of helmet?  

Authenticity of helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Authenticity of helmet?
    P
    Many

Not liking it one bit, sorry to say.
    Luis

What's wrong with it if you dont mind me asking

Sure thing, first of all, the liner,a t the very least the leather is wrong, the ventilation holes are far too small for it to be genuine. Second, the paint and decals look like the typical run-of-the-mill aged repros and the stampings look off aswell, the lot number a the back could be believable but the Q66 stamp has too much space between the characters. Also the air vents look odd, I think it is supposed to be an M35 but they look so slim, not like the originals. Chinstrap doesn't look promising to me either. And every idiot could buy a repro helmet google a famous fighter ace or whatever and just put their name in the helmet with white paint, age it, and call it a day and then sell it for a silly sum of money. The helmet collecting market is littered with fakes, unfortunately, better get used to it.
    Luis

Either way, hope it was helpful
    Last edited by PotatoDigger; 05-20-2019 at 06:41 PM.

I appreciate it. I figured the name wasnt real but it ***** that the helmet isnt real either. I'll have to try and sell this one off if i can

Just like I learnt the hard way, better post helmets here for review before buying them , I hope you will get rid of it and did not pay too much , but don't sell it as original

I certainly agree with the assessment above, this helmet is a complete fake with no original parts.

Nothing good here.
    D.

That one makes my eyes water.

Chris, sorry about the bad news but we have all made similar mistakes.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast