Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Bahnschutz Polizei

Article about: Guys, I expect this is wrong but you never know. I don't like that the national emblem is not straight but I know that this is not always 100 % correct depending on the individual that appli

Doug,

How many originals and fakes of these helmets have you had in your hand and examined?

Who 'felt' they were copies and more importantly why?

If they are where are the masses of faked decals?

I don't care either one way or the other so I will sit on that one, it is not like it cost anything.

I am a bit worried at times just how things are decided, hence my move away from the hobby, knowledgable I know you are but perhaps not quite god yet.

I would be happy to let you handle my helmet but I doubt that will happen since you are in Canada.

Regards

Jock

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bahnschutz Polizei
    P
    Many

Are you in Scotland Jock? If you send the lid down to me I would be happy to take some ADM shots for you to post here. I am in the north of England so not too far. Alternatively you can pick up a digital microscope from Maplin etc for about thirty quid.

Happy new year chaps.

I do have one of those microscope things now I know what ADM is, Thanks.

If someone posts proof positive it is a wrong one I will have it run over by a Warrior for your satisfaction.

Jock

?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    Doug,

How many originals and fakes of these helmets have you had in your hand and examined?

Who 'felt' they were copies and more importantly why?

If they are where are the masses of faked decals?

I don't care either one way or the other so I will sit on that one, it is not like it cost anything.

I am a bit worried at times just how things are decided, hence my move away from the hobby, knowledgable I know you are but perhaps not quite god yet.

I would be happy to let you handle my helmet but I doubt that will happen since you are in Canada.

Regards

Jock
    Jock I am not nor do I pretend to be God.

Where are the masses of fake decals? We looking at 3 of them in this thread in my own opinion.

I have an extensive background in the commercial art industry combined with working knowledge of print styles and methods, and I have examined hundreds of common decals and the same in rare SS decals and party decals with ADM and powerful loupes to learn the period print methods and construction.

I do not own a BSP helmet but again for the 3rd time, these are hard to find and the risk of comparing fake to fake is high so I default my comparison to HOW the decal is made and HOW the decal is printed.

If a decal has sharp lines that is a huge red flag that a period press was not used. If a decal has no cellulose base and exhibits the type of cracking yours does that is another huge red flag.

Go to GHW2 and log in and read the thread if you want to know "who felt what". GHW2 is where the worlds foremost decal and helmet collectors reside and many of whom whose opinions who I highly respect.

In the end, it is my opinion and I am not a "God", I am happy to be wrong and happy to admit when I am, I do not offer my items for public sale, I am not a dealer, I do not sell COA's, I do not write books. I am just a collector with a deep interest in military history and a deep interest in items that are real. There are so many frauds and fakes in this hobby it makes me sick.

So if I see what I think is fake I will say so and more importantly say why, as I have repeatedly done so in this thread.

From my point there is nothing more I can say, I have stated in detail 3 times the basis for my opinion. Perhaps you can offer up insight into why is it real?

?

Interesting lid,jock.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Bob, The Transitional BS that you once owned is not, by any chance, the one in the Goodapple Weingard and Ludwig Baer books? I am now the proud owner of that one, having picked it up from a well known collector for an fair amount of cash and an M18 reissued to the Finns with small painted skull and bones over static swastica insignia on the sides. If I can ever learn how to scan pictures I will try to post pics of the decals as I agree, the ones on Jock's helmet do look good. I would like it better if the helmet were painted that odd BS blue, but I think some Bahnschutz helmets were not, and I have also seen a no decal M40 painted in that blue color that must have been a BS helmet as well, which shows that the regs regarding helmet adornment for the BS was not always rigidly followed. Jim
    I for one would very much like to see pics the lid.

Also of the Finnsh helmet, as I especially like those.

?

Quote by jock auld View Post
    I do have one of those microscope things now I know what ADM is, Thanks.

If someone posts proof positive it is a wrong one I will have it run over by a Warrior for your satisfaction.

Jock
    Here we go, a seller insists his item is real because someone "said so" and requires others to prove it is not. The bane of this hobby.

Jock, I will be happy to pay the freight to my door and back to yours, fully insured. It will cost you nothing.

?

This used to be a forum where simple discussion was encouraged. The past 2 threads I have participated in (Late War Helmets) and now this where simple questions and qualified opinions were expressed in the interest of furthering the discussion have been met with disdain, sarcasm, insults and have become train wrecks.

It's just easier to stay quiet and say nothing.

Thank you, Doug. I'll definitely check that thread out.

Luke

?

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Thank you, Doug. I'll definitely check that thread out.

Luke
    Hi Luke

http://www.walhalla.se/topic/41037-reichsbahn-helmet/

Here is the thread. Not one positive review by some highly respected long time collectors. They are the same decals as these as you can see.

From what I understand a large amount of those commercial helmets were found in the 60s back in Germany .
    The guy who found them put thoses decals to increase the resale value.
    I would stay away from this type of helmets.The one Jims has is what to look for,there is very few black M34 use by them.
    chris

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast