Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Barn-Found Luftwaffe M42, Before/After Surface Cleaning...

Article about: Greetings, Friends... Living in Seattle, the odds of me ever acquiring another unmolested Stahlhelm at a good price in 2015 are slim to none, but the Stahlhelm-God was merciful and generous,

Default Barn-Found Luftwaffe M42, Before/After Surface Cleaning...

Greetings, Friends...
    Living in Seattle, the odds of me ever acquiring another unmolested Stahlhelm at a good price in 2015 are slim to none, but the Stahlhelm-God was merciful and generous, as I actually managed to score this barn-found M42 for under $150 shipped from Germany a few days ago...It was in sad shape when it arrived, but I saw beyond the dirt, rust and miscellaneous accumulated crud to discover a decent, presentable example well worth saving...All I used was warm water, dish-soap, and elbow-grease ...This one "talked to me" from the get-go...I was meant to take care of this one...It's an ET64, and there is far more paint remaining than I originally thought...I was 10 years-old when I scored my first Stahlhelm (LW M42), btw...very happy with this one!...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Barn-Found Luftwaffe M42, Before/After Surface Cleaning...   Barn-Found Luftwaffe M42, Before/After Surface Cleaning...  

Barn-Found Luftwaffe M42, Before/After Surface Cleaning...   Barn-Found Luftwaffe M42, Before/After Surface Cleaning...  

Barn-Found Luftwaffe M42, Before/After Surface Cleaning...   Barn-Found Luftwaffe M42, Before/After Surface Cleaning...  

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 05-23-2015 at 05:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Barn-Found Luftwaffe M42, Before/After Surface Cleaning...
    P
    Many

Wow Glenn that is impressive. Nice when you do things like that. I've just sectioned a luger. Oh my day of days!
    The lid looks decent

A nice honest looking lid!.....

It has stains on the liner and what appears to be crystalized blood-stains inside the shell on one side, but I'm not 100% certain...maybe someone took a dump in it years ago instead, lol...
    cheers, Glenn

Well done! The helmet looks great. Jim G.

I appreciate the kind words, friends...I'm very pleased adding this rescue to my display, and the price was perfect for my -very small- budget...I never could afford the current market-prices out there, and to score an honest, imperfect example that has never been in a collection before makes this especially precious to me...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 05-21-2015 at 09:23 PM.

A second chance for that one --- well done

MAP
    ?

Amazing job cleaning this one up. What did you use to remove that surface rust?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Just warm water with dish-soap and one of those common green dish-scrubbing pads...The liner needs a bit more TLC to revive the stiff leather...
    I'm glad you guys like it!
    cheers, Glenn

Hi Glenn,

That's a very nice find, but I must say I hope that no one did take a dump in it!
    Very nice, and hopefully not smelly.

Jonathan.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast