Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

beaded combat police helmet

Article about: by davejb Thats interesting, so what your saying is that these helmets are a two piece construction and then joined at the bead correct? I think what gunerfly is refering to are the gladiato

chokesalot
    ?

Default beaded combat police helmet

Emaillier A.G. factory Fulda,Germany has double party/combat decals. marked EF 66 ...20706 possibly a M1942 or M1935. has the name "H.Dammann" in period style writing. this is the extent of my knowledge on this.so i ask all of you?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture beaded combat police helmet   beaded combat police helmet  

beaded combat police helmet   beaded combat police helmet  

2. # ADS

Default Re: beaded combat police helmet

Lovely helmet ,but probably was never in a combat zone until 1945.the beaded helmets where faulty and balistically unsound ,so never seen apparently official combat.that is why they put the bead around them so they wouldnt be confused with front libne cambat helmets.

What is the symbol in the top????? John

?

Thats the first beaded helmet ive seen on this forum and i dont know why but i kind of like them ,there differant from the normal , and they do stand out, they may not be combat helmets but so what. If you ever get to see the film The Third Man with Orson Wells as Harry Lime there are a good few period beaded helmets in shot during the chase sequences, are they expensive or cheaper than combat helmets? By the way it looks like a M35 not a m42, m42 have a flared bottom edge whereas the other helmets have a rolled edge

A good M35 , still has nice decals.

chokesalot
    ?

finger painted peace sign

Beaded helmets in my experience sell cheaper. I had a lovely Luftschutz one and its putting me in the mood to get another.

?

Ive not often seen them at fairs etc, i think the only one ive seen was at War and Peace here in England .The one in the photograph has a blue tint to the interior, could this possibly have been Luftschutz brfore or is the normal colouring for beaded helmets. Im beginning to get that itch for getting one.

?

With regards to the meaning of the beaded helmet i understand that although its considered to be a defective shell it may have been manufactured in that way for the luftshutz members and this was a recognition trait. I cant understand that if a helmet was defective then it would have been marked as such and this seems an extreme measure. I would say that to remould the helmet, would take a great deal of heat plus a a special press to be used, would they have even bothered, its easy to stamp "not for combat" and then be issued to luftshutz and factory guards. I think that the mentality regarding the third reichs reputation for quality, would have prevented them in issuing a defective helmet in the first place let alone going to all that trouble of remoulding one and then issuing it .

Hi
    I thought these lightweight M35s had a formed bead around them as a form of extra rigidity, maybe I am wrong .

Martin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast