Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Beaded M1940 Luftschutzpolizei helmet

Article about: Please let me know if I've identified the helmet wrong in the title... I found this for sale and might buy it, if it's agreed to be original. The liner seems to be original to me, and after

Question Beaded M1940 Luftschutzpolizei helmet

Please let me know if I've identified the helmet wrong in the title... I found this for sale and might buy it, if it's agreed to be original. The liner seems to be original to me, and after some research I found that the placement of the decals could be one of two ways on these helmets, this being correct. Most other examples I have seen have the decals placed directly under the vents and overlapping the 'bead' though. As for the originality of the decals, I have no idea- the swastika decal appears to be much darker on other examples, but for all I know this could be legitimate variation. The difference in wear on the two decals raised my suspicion a little.
    Please let me know your verdicts on this, and what you think this is worth. Thanks!

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beaded M1940 Luftschutzpolizei helmet   Beaded M1940 Luftschutzpolizei helmet  

Beaded M1940 Luftschutzpolizei helmet   Beaded M1940 Luftschutzpolizei helmet  

Beaded M1940 Luftschutzpolizei helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beaded M1940 Luftschutzpolizei helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Beaded M1940 Luftschutzpolizei helmet

Any opinions on this?

Mat

It looks ok to me. The decal placement variation is as you stated and is good either way. I would not be worried about the wear differnece on the decals as it appears as legitimate wear and not difference in age. If the price is low, I would buy it.

The pictures of the decals make it hard to give a definite thumbs up. That being said, the party shield seems to be okay, and I will go out on a limb and say that I think the bird is correct as well. Assuming that the decals are good, the decal placement is fine - sometimes the applier placed the decals there to avoid the bead to increase the chance that the decals would remain intact. Beaded combat police helmets with set back decals are somewhat rare, and many have the Luftschutz winged decal under the paint on the front. This one appears to be in fairly good shape, alot better than my similar example. Jim G.

Thanks tampalam and helmet2id, and I apologise for the relatively poor photos, all I had at the time was access to a friend's camera with which I was unfamiliar. Does the shade of red on the party shield not look off to anyone? I'm not sure about it. It all looks fine to me apart from that. Also, can anyone give me a price they think this would be worth in their eyes?

Happy New Year people!

Mat

In this general condition, and with no chin strap and the beat up police adler, I would say $300-$400. The party shield doesn't bother me, it looks okay in these photos. Jim G.

Sorry for the late response. If I remember correctly, the helmet is much cheaper than the price range you state, so I'll pick it up if it's still there. I go back to the shop in two weeks, it's pretty far away.
    In the meantime, if anyone has any other opinions on this let me know.
    Cheers,

Mat