Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Beautiful M40 Police Combat Double Decal!

Article about: Hello! I just got back from a show in Pennsylvania and I stumbled upon this beautiful M40 DD Police helmet. Such a shame that the liner was removed at some point, but is a great shell! Every

Default Beautiful M40 Police Combat Double Decal!

Hello! I just got back from a show in Pennsylvania and I stumbled upon this beautiful M40 DD Police helmet. Such a shame that the liner was removed at some point, but is a great shell! Everything looked good to me, but I would love opinions on the helmet and the decals, it would be greatly appreciated! And does anyone know what something like this should run? I think I got a steal!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beautiful M40 Police Combat Double Decal!   Beautiful M40 Police Combat Double Decal!  

Beautiful M40 Police Combat Double Decal!   Beautiful M40 Police Combat Double Decal!  

Beautiful M40 Police Combat Double Decal!   Beautiful M40 Police Combat Double Decal!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Beautiful M40 Police Combat Double Decal!
    P
    Many

It is actually a beaded double decal combat Luftschutz Polizei helmet, not a true Combat Police piece - note the horizontal bead on the circumference of the shell just above the apron. Although some dispute the reason for the bead, Baer opined that when quality control testing determined that a lot of helmets failed to meet ballistic integrity standards the military would reject the lot, and the manufacturer would put the pieces in a jig to put the "bead" on the helmets so that they could not be mistaken for combat helmets. The lot would then be surplussed to civil organizations such as the Luftschutz. I don't recall ever seeing an ET beaded Luftschutz Polizei helmet, but like the ET Combat Police counterparts, this one has an unbordered Police Adler. It is a one look correct piece. Nice pick up. Jim G.

Yep good one.

?

good looking helmet. an interesting addition to your collection.

A fine beaded M40, nice decals and a good overall look, well bought. Leon.