Become our sponsor and display your banner here

A beginner

Article about: Ok I'm gonna start this off with i think this thing is bad all around - decals don't seem right - color etc ect - is there any chance this is a vintage helmet that has had a coat of paint sl

Default A beginner

Ok I'm gonna start this off with i think this thing is bad all around - decals don't seem right - color etc ect - is there any chance this is a vintage helmet that has had a coat of paint slapped on it and some $4 decals or is even the shell bad? Any comments would be appreciated - hopefully with some points. Just starting to dig around locally for helmets.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4194.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	222328Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4206.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	222320Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4191.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	222321Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4192.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	222322Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4202.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	222323Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4205.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	222324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4207.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	222325Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4201.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	222326Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4210.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	222327

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: A beginner

Only the shell is WWII German. It is repainted, and unfortunately, the decals are very poor reproductions. Sorry for the bad news. Jim G.

I agree, original M35 shell but everything else is fake.

I have been on the hunt for an original M35 shell to restore. If you own this and you are willing to sell it to me for the value of the shell then send me a P.M.

Other than that, it really has no collector value. Better luck next time, man.

?

Basically there are two or three things that you could do with it, keep it and restore it yourself, keep it so as to gain knowledge as to what a fake paint and decal looks like or sell it on to someone like Mo who can restore it to a reasonable looking standard, your main criteria is to research by books, handling the real thing and more research, knowledge on this subject will save you a lot of money and grief, we have all bought helmets that are not quite what they seem but the object is to learn by the mistakes and reduce those mistakes to a minimum, good luck in your future collecting

Thanks guys - thats what I expected out of it. So the consensus is that the liner ring, the pins and the shell are original? From feedback the paint both inside and outside /decals all the way around are a poor attempt. What would be the value of it the way it sits? I appreciate the input!

?

Just a thought but are there any markings inside the helmet,ie rear skirt, left skirt below chinstrap ring, cost would be about $60-80 in this condition

Thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciate the quick feedback. Paul