Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Being offered this M35 reissue for my Gj visor

Article about: How does it look? and is it a fair trade? I have my doubts on the chinstrap and possibly the liner. Let me know and thanks in advance! All the best, Stefan Here are pictures of my visor for

?

Default Re: Being offered this M35 reissue for my Gj visor

Ill take a picture in the morning as it very dark out right now, so if it turns out the liner is real would this make a good trade for my cap, the owner of this helmet apparently also has a HJ helmet he is will to trade for it, which id prefer way more than this helmet. I'll take a side of caution when it is shown to me because I know they are a scarce helmet and fakes are far more numerous than real examples.

All the best,
    Stefan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Being offered this M35 reissue for my Gj visor
    P
    Many

Hi there,the helmet looks good to me,the liner looks a touch "pale" in all your images but one,is that because you used a flash on the camera?One of the pictures of the chinstrap show the liner looking slightly darker in the background,nearer the colour that i would expect for a refurbished M35 brought up to 1940 specs.The chinstrap as already stated looks very poor to me,all in all i would say this helmet is a good M35 refitted and up graded to 1940 specifications.As for a swap,thats your choice,but it is a nice looking cap!

?

It sounds to me like you've got someone who knows he has suspect or fake items (the HJ without even seeing it I'd place a $100 bet and give you 5-1 odds it's a fantasy piece) for something that you have which appears to be original. Is this a local dealer? Tread with caution because it reads like someone wants to take advantage of you.

Regarding this helmet you can find an unmessed with M35 reissue almost anytime with real components for good prices and without the decal damage. Assuming your visor is an untouched original you are getting hosed big time in this trade in my opinion.
    Last edited by DougB; 12-14-2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

The chinstrap is a post-war Norwegian type, IMO. It has been painted, dyed
    or stained on the rough side. 'Hosed' is right ! Personally, I would
    hold on to the cap..........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Ok thanks guys, personally i dont think the guy knows he has bad items, but i will keep an eye out to make sure i dont get screwed.

Thanks for the help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2