Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Black Civil Helmet, Padded Crown

Article about: Hi all. I am just seeking some advice on this helmet that came as part of a job lot. I am unsure as to whether this is a wartime helmet or was it used post- war for something? I have seen si

Default Black Civil Helmet, Padded Crown

Hi all. I am just seeking some advice on this helmet that came as part of a job lot. I am unsure as to whether this is a wartime helmet or was it used post- war for something? I have seen similar liners with the padded crown in police helmets and also I have seen some listed online as factory guard helmets. I have not seen the same strap on these others however. It says "Original Tuck Tite" on it. Any thoughts on this helmet would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Civil Helmet, Padded Crown   Black Civil Helmet, Padded Crown  

Black Civil Helmet, Padded Crown   Black Civil Helmet, Padded Crown  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Civil Helmet, Padded Crown
    P
    Many

Has it been repainted? ... it looks very shiny!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I couldn't say either way. To me it looks ok, but could be wrong.

Thats a postwar firemans helmet.

ive always thought the post war liners had small leather arrow tabs hanging down around the circumferance of the liner to attach a neck cape ,i agree though it looks super shiny james
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    ive always thought the post war liners had small leather arrow tabs hanging down around the circumferance of the liner to attach a neck cape ,i agree though it looks super shiny james
    Hi James, ww2 period liners also have the "tabs" to attach the neck cape. This one however I to think is a post war helmet as I have never seen a black crown pad in a wartime example and the liner has "sweat perforation" holes in it which is more in keeping with later liners. Leon.

?

Does the snap say something like US patent and numbers?

Thanks for the replies. I too was thrown by the black pad as most i have seen are brown. Also there are no us patt. Numbers on the strap. Cheers.

Can't tell much other than a fire police civil type helmet the Bund did make a lot of them after the war nice condition though. timothy