Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Black Double Decal Fire Police Helmet - Commercial "extreme" Droop Bill Shell

Article about: The second of 4 that I acquired from Jules L. recently, a gloss black droop bill double decal Fire Police helmet, complete with liner and chin strap. It has had a few lives at least, as unde

Default Black Double Decal Fire Police Helmet - Commercial "extreme" Droop Bill Shell

The second of 4 that I acquired from Jules L. recently, a gloss black droop bill double decal Fire Police helmet, complete with liner and chin strap. It has had a few lives at least, as under the paint on the brow there are ghost images of letters, but I can only make out the letters towards the end of the word(s), which appear to read "werk" (in the last picture posted). At one point the helmet was refitted with a comb, later removed. The comb was not, in my opinion, on the piece originally, as it was affixed off center, as is apparent from the unfilled holes seen in the fifth picture posted. The Police decals have seen better days, but to me are interesting, as the Adler is unbordered even though placed on black paint, which suggests that the current decals were placed relatively early on. The shell is an "extreme droop bill" type, and rocks forward when placed on the table, the type typical of the maker whose stamp, "D.R.P.ang." is ear stamped on the right side of the apron. This type of shell is often seen adorned with SS decals. Who knows, maybe it was SS in its first incarnation. Not in the best shape, but again, sort of a rare bird. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Black Double Decal Fire Police Helmet - Commercial "extreme" Droop Bill Shell   Black Double Decal Fire Police Helmet - Commercial "extreme" Droop Bill Shell  

Black Double Decal Fire Police Helmet - Commercial "extreme" Droop Bill Shell   Black Double Decal Fire Police Helmet - Commercial "extreme" Droop Bill Shell  

Black Double Decal Fire Police Helmet - Commercial "extreme" Droop Bill Shell   Black Double Decal Fire Police Helmet - Commercial "extreme" Droop Bill Shell  

Black Double Decal Fire Police Helmet - Commercial "extreme" Droop Bill Shell  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Black Double Decal Fire Police Helmet - Commercial "extreme" Droop Bill Shell
    P
    Many

?

Great helmet Jim! Thats one of the SS blackies I am still after, a nice droopbill with Pochers.

nice helmet.

Wow Jim you have some really nice rare helmets, keep showing them!

very nice helmet Jim.
    Got to love those droop bill
    Droopbill helmets are hard to find.
    chris

A great helmet Jim, and to find one that Doug has not managed to get makes it even rarer!! Leon.