Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

black helmet Q68

Article about: dean will post the luff tomarrow for you. i like my luff alot. kool peice for sure.

Default Re: black helmet Q68

dean will post the luff tomarrow for you. i like my luff alot. kool peice for sure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Bear in mind not all black helmets are SS I have seen some genuine examples of Luftwaffe ones painted black in wartime for Flak use. There is a reference that shows one somewhere. You don't see a lot of them and I have only seen one that is genuine but they did exist why that color nobody knows in the case of your helmet probably no doubt post war painted this was popular with GI for some reason I once owned a battle damage Paratrooper the GI painted black. Good solid helmet shell and as stated that liner is well sought after and as you well know to fit they have to match the size in the helmet skirt to the liner size. There is a size chart on many of the dealers sites that sell them. timothy

so . both helmets for example need to be marked 68 inside.

Yes it would be hard to fit say a 68 marked into a 66 marked shell. I once thought I could put a 64 marked shell into a 62 it is too big now the other way around they will fit but too much gap will be between the liner band and shell. Liners are marked differently than shells so you have to know say what the liner band mark is to fit your shell. There is a size chart on Ken N site and also Summer Vacation Militaria that will tell you the exact sizes. I can't think of them all someone may come along with a breakdown of liner and shell sizes. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12