Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Black Painted helmet

Article about: by Jammanna Id like to ask before you took the black paint off could you see evidence of a decal through the black paint. I just picked up a lot from a US vet that included a german helmet t

Default Re: Black Painted helmet

Quote by Jammanna View Post
    Id like to ask before you took the black paint off could you see evidence of a decal through the black paint. I just picked up a lot from a US vet that included a german helmet that was painted a gark greenish/black but i see no evudence of a decal. Im debating stripping it. Attachment 362616
    Always check first that the paint you are stripping isn't period , an untouched wartime helmet is worth so much more than a stripped helmet with a decal , you can always tell.
    Depending on the manufacture year of your M42 it's possible it didn't receive a decal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Question: Was it visible that there was a decal underneeth the paint? What did you used to get the paint of?

K.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Always check first that the paint you are stripping isn't period , an untouched wartime helmet is worth so much more than a stripped helmet with a decal , you can always tell.
    Depending on the manufacture year of your M42 it's possible it didn't receive a decal.
    thanks for replying to my original question....I figured as much...even if i did see an outline of a decal my fear would be messing with paint that could have been period. Its a strange color but what concerns me is its a little "glossy" for war time paint

amazing done..very good helmet

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123