Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Blood???

Article about: This is one of my 2 Luftshutz helmets. For those of you have who have been keeping up with my posts, this was a war bringback. The color on the outside of the helmet is blue. I have not see

Default Blood???

This is one of my 2 Luftshutz helmets. For those of you have who have been keeping up with my posts, this was a war bringback. The color on the outside of the helmet is blue. I have not see many Luftshutz helmets with blue paint but I am not an expert on them. The liner of this helmet is severely damaged. In fact there is not much of a liner left. It appears that there is a large amount of blood on the liner. It is possible that it could have been burned away but it still looks sticky. The chin strap appears to be cut away as well. Perhaps done to remove the helmet. Tomorrow I will put up pictures of my firearms collection or my German medal collection. I haven't decided yet. Hope you all enjoy

Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Blood???
    P
    Many

Quote by Thaddeus View Post
    This is one of my 2 Luftshutz helmets. For those of you have who have been keeping up with my posts, this was a war bringback. The color on the outside of the helmet is blue. I have not see many Luftshutz helmets with blue paint but I am not an expert on them. The liner of this helmet is severely damaged. In fact there is not much of a liner left. It appears that there is a large amount of blood on the liner. It is possible that it could have been burned away but it still looks sticky. The chin strap appears to be cut away as well. Perhaps done to remove the helmet. Tomorrow I will put up pictures of my firearms collection or my German medal collection. I haven't decided yet. Hope you all enjoy

Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???Blood???
    Hi
    These helmets were originally blue painted. In my opinion the liner on your example, was burned.
    Not blood.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Would be a shame, having to die while wearing such a silly looking helmet...(But, I don't think it looks like blood either...much more likely burnt)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you both for the replies! I agree.... I definitely would not want to die in one of these! I prefer my my US ACH much better!

Luftschutz helmets the majority of them anyway are in the color you show on yours occaionally you will find a very dark blue some are black like police but are not encountered as much as yours. You have a fine origninal LS with exception of the liner I can't make the stamped maker in the steel like RL 38/29 for example that will be your maker of the helmet the decal sticker is put in them per NSDAP reg to prevent price gouging by other distributors so they all had a fixed price. In other words a price sticker. I agree with other liner was somehow burned probably. timothy

Maybe he had to answer the call of nature after a particularly hot curry? ............... that'll burn through anything
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "