Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Book End Light Weight Screen Vent Himmler RLB Helmets

Article about: Here are two RLB helmets - one a single decal, the other a double decal. Both are on unmarked light weight screen vent RLB shells. Both have the expected 3 pad cheaply made civil liners. The

Default Book End Light Weight Screen Vent Himmler RLB Helmets

Pulled out a box of civil helmets, an area in which I am a bit more comfortable. Here are two RLB helmets - one a single decal, the other a double decal. The SD has smooth factory applied dark green paint. The DD appears to have been brush painted with a flat/matte medium green paint. Both are on unmarked light weight screen vent Himmler shells. Both have the expected 3 pad cheaply made civil liners. The SD has the short end of the strap. The chin strap on the double is complete and intact. The SD liner is size 55, the DD liner does not have a size stamp but is ink inscribed. I had always thought it was a name but Don L. has the twin of this helmet and his has the same ink inscription, maybe the name of a town? Both have some wear, the SD obviously has more than the DD, but both are fairly rare pieces. Hope you like them. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Book End Light Weight Screen Vent Himmler RLB Helmets   Book End Light Weight Screen Vent Himmler RLB Helmets  

Book End Light Weight Screen Vent Himmler RLB Helmets   Book End Light Weight Screen Vent Himmler RLB Helmets  

Book End Light Weight Screen Vent Himmler RLB Helmets   Book End Light Weight Screen Vent Himmler RLB Helmets  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Book End Light Weight Screen Vent Himmler RLB Helmets
    P
    Many

Very nice. I find these civic helmets very interesting and a nice diversion from looking at military helmets all the time. I like the shade of green on the first one and interesting to note the liner setup is similar to an M16.

Approximately what years would these two examples have been manufactured Jim?

Wonderful Jim. Two more rarely seen helmet types. Thanks for opening up your storage boxes.

" Pulled out a box of civil helmets".... as you do.
    Sheez Jim, heckuva storage facility you must have!

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Both very nice Jim but the DD , OMG , great !

I like the DD example. The condition is stellar & would look very nice on my shelf.

Your photography is great, I can expand the images & the decals are "right in my face"
    D.