Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

A butchered lid M40 SD

Article about: A friend came across this lid and showed it to me. Got from a vet that also had a double decal Luftwaffe that was a little rough but ok. There is no telling when they butchered it, my guess

Default A butchered lid M40 SD

A friend came across this lid and showed it to me. Got from a vet that also had a double decal Luftwaffe that was a little rough but ok. There is no telling when they butchered it, my guess would be post war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A butchered lid M40 SD   A butchered lid M40 SD  

A butchered lid M40 SD   A butchered lid M40 SD  

A butchered lid M40 SD  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A butchered lid M40 SD
    P
    Many

Default Re: A butchered lid M40 SD

Hi,well that really is a new one on me!! It is I suppose a great way of converting a US liner into a M40 shell for lets just say a "biker's" use! That said two helmets have unfortunately been wrecked in the process!! Interesting though, Leon.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 05-12-2013 at 07:32 AM.

4md
    ?

An interesting joining of two different helmets. unfortunately the M1 liner and the m40 shell have been devalued in the process. Maybe he did this for his kids to play with.

regards Paul

[

Nice M40 helmet shell itself I have seen worse put back the way they should would take some work it would never be as stated above 100% right but you could do some work on it to at least make it look similar the way it was such as German liner and remove the GI helmet liner and chinstrap If I had it I would it would still be a good display helmet in the condition of the shell. Just my thoughts timothy

?

Seen this before in biker helmets.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by Logictox View Post
    A friend came across this lid and showed it to me. Got from a vet that also had a double decal Luftwaffe that was a little rough but ok. There is no telling when they butchered it, my guess would be post war.
    Wow that helmet is similar with mine Stahlhelm Indonesian Style? !

Although mine is crude made and in java at that time small metal workshop didn't have any capacity in making helmet for biker and i guess that's still happen now. I never see a biker wear a customized steel helmet nor a new model of steel helmet like this one in here. Oh and i try to put an m1 liner like in that photo, but it never fit.

who knows maybe it didn't fit his head with the original liner so he swaped it? Idk but i still think its a nice piece and if its on a shelf most people wouldn't notice the difference

Maybe. And yes, most people wouldn't notice the difference in his case. But not mine, my crude made stahlhelm is different with the dutch east indies m35 clone i got.