Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

ca.'36 NSKK Sturzhelm...opinions

Article about: Looks OK but is it? Check out the pix and then critique if you please. This one property marked to a NSKK motorbrigade, Kurpfalz Saar. No oilcloth RZM tag and no signs of ever having had one

Default ca.'36 NSKK Sturzhelm...opinions

Looks OK but is it? Check out the pix and then critique if you please. This one property marked to a NSKK motorbrigade, Kurpfalz Saar. No oilcloth RZM tag and no signs of ever having had one. Prym snaps on the flaps. One screen vent per side. Have included goggle shots too, how 'bout them? Removable plastic lenses, marked in German that they not fireproof. Thanks!
    Mods feel free to shuffle this to proper forum.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ca.'36 NSKK Sturzhelm...opinions
    P
    Many

Hi , I have no idea about these NSKK helmets but it looks good to me. You have also given me a "flash back" to my childhood as I used to have the Adler off the front of one of these and I would never have remembered unless I saw this one! Just out of interest , is this attached to the helmet by screw thread and bolts? The one I had used those on the back but it may have been altered! Leon.

helmet looks fineand period goggles.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , I have no idea about these NSKK helmets but it looks good to me. You have also given me a "flash back" to my childhood as I used to have the Adler off the front of one of these and I would never have remembered unless I saw this one! Just out of interest , is this attached to the helmet by screw thread and bolts? The one I had used those on the back but it may have been altered! Leon.
    Hi Leon! Thanks for your reply. The eagle is secured by (3) split pins and backing washers. You can see them down from the orange rubber pad in the one shot.

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    Hi Leon! Thanks for your reply. The eagle is secured by (3) split pins and backing washers. You can see them down from the orange rubber pad in the one shot.
    Thanks Nigel, I guess the one I had was messed with then. Leon.

Nothing wrong with this 1st pattern NSKK, I believe some of the early ones never had a RZM label so no worries there, the eagle has sunken into the leather nicely which is excatly what you want to see, I have one also and love it, very nice item to own
    John

There was an even earlier eagle that had a static swastika not the rolling style but, nevertheless, this crash helmet would be regarded as early. I haven't had the opportunity to inspect the various types of eagles off the helmets to see how they were affixed so its possible some went on differently.

You are correct Nigel, here are some reference photo's, early static swaz, then canted, also the 2nd or late model pattern and the rare decal version. also included a photo of mine!
    John
    ca.'36 NSKK Sturzhelm...opinionsca.'36 NSKK Sturzhelm...opinionsca.'36 NSKK Sturzhelm...opinionsca.'36 NSKK Sturzhelm...opinionsca.'36 NSKK Sturzhelm...opinions

Thanks alot for contributing. That 2nd pat art deco eagle is a real eyecatcher.

The first and second pattern, from what I have seen, go for the same price, but for me I like the earlier stuff.