Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

camo cover and camo helmet- Opinions

Article about: Strange stamp on the helmet side? Sold as original Hope my judgement was not off- Any opinions appreciated Regards Billy

Default camo cover and camo helmet- Opinions

Strange stamp on the helmet side?
    Sold as original
    Hope my judgement was not off-
    Any opinions appreciated
    Regards
    Billy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture camo cover and camo helmet- Opinions   camo cover and camo helmet- Opinions  

camo cover and camo helmet- Opinions   camo cover and camo helmet- Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement camo cover and camo helmet- Opinions
    P
    Many

?

I wouldn't touch them.

?

Hello Billy
    Unless corrected the clips are reproduction imo, hope I'm wrong I love helm covers and welcome any opposing views to further my knowledge, wonderful photos btw.

Regards
    Eric

Helmet is original don't like the paint cover is probably made of old cammo SS material they were around in droves in the 70's I know I bought a couple as original they do look good and command a fair price today. There are SS experts on here that can weigh in on it to this day I really can't tell as they were that good. timothy

Hi Billy ,looking closely at the images when magnified ,the shell appears to have very un-even rough edges and the surface of the helmet is covered in horizontal scratches. I think this is a semi-relic helmet that has been over cleaned. The cammo paint (what is left of it) may be original, the colours are of the right type when looked at closely, but again, because of the over cleaning an in hand would be needed to be sure. As for the cover, the rocker clips look much newer than the material to me so I would say that it is not original, but may be original material as Timothy points out. Leon.

Rats- was excited about it - It does look good.would a fair price 250 euro?- That is what I paid - It is for a manikin display .

Just Did an ultra violet test on the cover. No thread glowed
    The only area that looked brighter was the patch's over the springs and clips
    Still hoping the rest of the cover is legitimate- possibly Springs were replaced and newer material sewn on.

Hi Waugust,

To me the cover looks well worn in some places but hardly any where you would expect it-ie where it fits over the rim of the helmet or around the rocker clips.

Thanks.