Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo/field painted helmet added to collection

Article about: Hey gang.....Here's some shots of my second camo (first has a sand/paint mix on it). This is an HKP66 shell with a 59 size liner M42. No decal on this one. I was really attracted to the pain

Default Camo/field painted helmet added to collection

Hey gang.....Here's some shots of my second camo (first has a sand/paint mix on it). This is an HKP66 shell with a 59 size liner M42. No decal on this one. I was really attracted to the paint pattern.....Makes me think of the "dot" pattern found on some of the German smocks.

This lid was returned to Canada by a Veteran from Kitchener. If I get any more info on the soldier or the helmet - I'll let you know. If only this bad boy could talk! Acquired this one from Lakesidetrader.....quite happy to have it added to the helmet collection!

Here are some overall pics and some closeups.

Cheers!

Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo/field painted helmet added to collection   Camo/field painted helmet added to collection  

Camo/field painted helmet added to collection   Camo/field painted helmet added to collection  

Camo/field painted helmet added to collection   Camo/field painted helmet added to collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo/field painted helmet added to collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camo/field painted helmet added to collection

Few more shots.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo/field painted helmet added to collection   Camo/field painted helmet added to collection  

iron cross
    ?

Very nice a good addition to any collection. The liner is in very good condition and it is named very nice but have never seen a camo of this pattern on a helmet before. Well now I have. thanks for sharing

Thanks! Glad you like it. Veteran was Canadian (out of Kitchener, Ont.). Wish I could have gotten details from him.....
    The pattern makes me think of the "dot" pattern found on the SS smocks. Here are a couple pics. That is the nice thing about these camo lids: many are individualized by the soldiers themselves. I will also try to find some info on the German (F. Loche)....but haven't had much luck yet finding any sites on the internet.

Here is the pattern it makes me think of.....
    Attached Images Attached Images Camo/field painted helmet added to collection  Camo/field painted helmet added to collection 

?

Hi Rob , it`s in fab condition , what did Paul make of the camo ?

cheers Al

iron cross
    ?

Yes the camo on the helmet seems to be the same as the ss spotted camo. Nice buy

Paul also thought it looked like the dot pattern. We both hypothesized that it might have come from the 12th SS HJ Division that fought the Canadians from D-Day through Caen. Can't tell for sure though. Wish I could find a site that might have lists of German soldiers who served with that specific division. The hunt for info continues!
    Paul purchased the helmet straight from the vets' family.

Cheers!

Rob

?

If it was HJ Rob , that would be super good luck ,

cheers Al

Danke!

Rob

?

Nice one Rob, I was also thinking an ex-HJ helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast