Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo helmet

Article about: I need a little help from the german helmet side. We see more german helmet camo's than us helmet camo's that is with I am asking from a little liberty here. Let me say I am sorry if the thr

Default Camo helmet

I need a little help from the german helmet side. We see more german helmet camo's than us helmet camo's that is with I am asking from a little liberty here. Let me say I am sorry if the thread is misleading and moderator I understand if thread is deleted. I have a helmet which I have a thread started in the m1 helmet forum the helmet has a camo pattern that I need some more eyes to look it. I have going information concerning the date of the helmet but I am trying to determine if it is a period GI helmet or kids helmet. Here are a few pictures and the rest are on the m1 helmet forum. Again thank you, Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo helmet   Camo helmet  

Camo helmet   Camo helmet  

Camo helmet   Camo helmet  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo helmet
    P
    Many

well worn/battered before the camo was painted on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That is one thing that I was also thinking but the camo has a wear pattern also. I don't thing it was added to deceive and pass off as a camo. Is there a chance it was G.I applied or just a kids helmet? Tha camo pattern is pretty good if it was a kid. Marty

Here my opinion.the first time I saw this helmet I thought post war camo made just after ww2 for a kid of a service man.looks really nice.

That is a thought I had the helmet was made post ww2 time frame 1951ish with correct chinstrap for the Korean War time frame. But if most think it is a kids helmet I will need to get my money back. That is why I need insight and opinions to help make that determination. Good or bad I just need the help. I only paid around 85.00 for it but that would be a lot for a kids helmet.
    Marty

Hi, well having "zoomed in" on the images, I can honestly say that in my opinion there is nothing to suggest these "cammo" applications were put on yesterday! There are some lovely deep and also different level patterns of wear, none of it looks artificial to my eye, but as ever, much of this is in the eye of the beholder! Leon.

Leon, thanks for the help. Do you think it may be GI or kids helmet. I have one vote for kids helmet. Marty

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Leon, thanks for the help. Do you think it may be GI or kids helmet. I have one vote for kids helmet. Marty
    Morning Marty, I feel that this is one of those helmets that you could not dismiss as being done by the GI, but also one that you could not say is a definite "cammo". I would add that if it were a cammo made up by a kid they were very subtle in their approach, not the usual big blotchy mess. I quite like it and would give it the benefit of the doubt personally and say it is good. Leon.

I never said it was done recently or anything of the sort, merely that it was well worn before the camo was added. It certainly appears to have age to the overpaint, but exactly when or why or by whom is always going to be the 64 million dollar question.

If the price was right, it would certainly display well, but hard to put a label on it.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry, I agree you were spot on. There was wear before the camo was applied which in most cases to me anyways is a big red flag but the camo had wear that seemed to me as being worn for a large amount of time. not saying a kid playing a lot for war games in the woods would not give the same affect. I will contact the seller to see if there is any history behind it.
    Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast