Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo helmets, which is a good one for purchase?

Article about: Hello Guys, please give advise about this two helmets, before by I wish to be sure what paint is not a fake, helmets from ebay and I have doubts, I look for one but can't decide which is bet

?

Default Camo helmets, which is a good one for purchase?

Hello Guys, please give advise about this two helmets, before by I wish to be sure what paint is not a fake, helmets from ebay and I have doubts, I look for one but can't decide which is better for me. I the first time see such type of grid, what it is?
    Thanks, David.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo helmets, which is a good one for purchase?   Camo helmets, which is a good one for purchase?  

Camo helmets, which is a good one for purchase?   Camo helmets, which is a good one for purchase?  

Camo helmets, which is a good one for purchase?   Camo helmets, which is a good one for purchase?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo helmets, which is a good one for purchase?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camo helmets, which is a good one for purchase?

That mesh contraption on the second helmet is nothing like what I've even seen before, wouldnt fancy being head-butted by someone wearing that

However it looks like something that someones put together with the intention of fooling people, the camo paint on it doesnt look right.

The first however might have a chance, but I'll leave that to someone who has more knowledge on this subject to determine

Thanks

Danny

Hi,
    i dont like either of the helmets i think the first has to many coats of paint on it, and has been repainted a couple of times. and the second you can see where it has pitted over time and rusted, but that has been cleaned off and repainted camo. Also they have used a chair spring to add the
    cam wire, never seen that before as it is a modern spring. ( why i will never know ) i would leave
    these alone if i were you, definate fakes. As Danny says someone has put them together.
    dave.

ifs it's from E-bay,,,it almost always is no good

?

Dany and Dave, thanks for your comments, the green and white camo helm looks better for me, the paint is more original than the second with wire, and the wire is what looks new and to good for this helm.

Apart from anything else - that second helmet - wire from bedsprings?

?

Both Helmets have been mucked about with, the second one apart from the bedspring, someone doesnt know how to fit a chin strap, so thats been removed at one time and replaced, although the wire mesh appears to be european in design, i still think its faked

Quote by davejb View Post
    Both Helmets have been mucked about with, the second one apart from the bedspring, someone doesnt know how to fit a chin strap, so thats been removed at one time and replaced, although the wire mesh appears to be european in design, i still think its faked
    Agree with you, Panzer3 and Davejb.

Too bad the first one was ruined by extra/irregular coats of paint,
    as there may have been a slim chance. And it is a chair seat
    spring installed on #2 as suggested - the strap looks like
    a repro anyway.

Stay away from these. Don't get suckered !

They are both BAD !
    Regards,

Steve.

I don't like either of em...

?

Both are ones that I would steer clear of. That wire camo is one bad fake, just brutal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast