Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Camo luft with wire.

Article about: Here we have a lovely M.35 camo helmet, I believe its a Luftwaffe one. ET66 4292. Another Island pick up, you don't see too many like this anymore over here. d.

?

Default Re: Camo luft with wire.

I actually do not know much about the channel islands and Jersey My grand parents often went to Malta and Jersey. That's about it.

Cheers lads

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I went to Malta as a child, cool place. I remember standing by the big bomb that dropped through the roof of a church and didn't explode.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I went to Malta as a child, cool place. I remember standing by the big bomb that dropped through the roof of a church and didn't explode.
    I know the Church you speak of, the church was packed full of civilians, woman and children sheltering from a Luftwaffe attack during the Siege of Malta, the bomb came through the glass dome in the roof and bounced from the floor but did not explode, they were a very religious people and regarded it as a miracle from god. It did a lot of good for morale later on during the siege. Apparently there were more bombs dropped on the tiny island of Malta during March and April 1942 than were dropped on London during the entire Blitz. The bomb that is there today is a replica of the original

I still have pictures somewhere

To acknowledge the bravery of the island, on 15 April 1942, King George VI awarded the George Cross to the Maltese nation, an honour still borne by the Maltese on their flag to this day

If anybody is interested, I dug out my pictures from last year, I do hope they do not distract too much from the original subject of this thread, but Malta is a very interesting little Island, with a great deal of historic connections to the UK, similar to the Channel Islands. As mentioned in the previous 2 posts, the church is The Church of the Assumption of Our Lady, or Rotunda of Mosta or Rotunda of St Marija Assunta. I am very fond of good architecture, good antiques and of course good militaria.
    The dome of the church is the third-largest church dome in Europe and the ninth largest in the world I believe, the 2nd in Europe being our good old St. Pauls !
    I have tried to indicate in the pictures where the bomb came through the dome, you can just see the repair that was made, one of the pictures is quite blurred but I am unable to sharpen the image up successfully

Cheers M
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC11400.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	317.7 KB 
ID:	484720   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC11395.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	313.9 KB 
ID:	484713  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC11397.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	319.7 KB 
ID:	484714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC11398.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	318.5 KB 
ID:	484716  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC11399.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	281.2 KB 
ID:	484718  

?

I like this helmet a lot, camo, wire, and the helmet on whole look fine.
    And given the history of the helmet, I have no doubt it is all legit.
    In this hobby though, a little of skepticism, and questioning is a healthy thing.

Brad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123