Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Camo M35 for Review!

Article about: Hello, all! A buddy recently sent me pictures of this helmet. It appears to be an authentic M40 with camouflage over paint. In general, I like the patina and overall wear. What concerns me i

Default Camo M35 for Review!

Hello, all!

A buddy recently sent me pictures of this helmet. It appears to be an authentic M40 with camouflage over paint. In general, I like the patina and overall wear. What concerns me is that the liner has 9 tongues instead of the standard 8. However, I have heard of smaller sized liner leather being modified to fit larger size helmets...

I know the pictures kind of suck, but they are all I have to work with right now. How do you guys feel about this helmet?

Camo M35 for Review!Camo M35 for Review!Camo M35 for Review!Camo M35 for Review!Camo M35 for Review!

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo M35 for Review!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camo M35 for Review!

It looks good to me at first glance; however, better pictures are needed.

Regards, Corey

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    It looks good to me at first glance; however, better pictures are needed.

Regards, Corey
    Thanks for the quick response, Corey! I know that better pictures are needed... I am working on getting better shots.

Looks promising but I'm not sure how I feel about the liner from that far away. The last pic looks like a soldier with an identity crisis: German lid, Japanese meatball flag and an M1, lol.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Looks promising but I'm not sure how I feel about the liner from that far away. The last pic looks like a soldier with an identity crisis: German lid, Japanese meatball flag and an M1, lol.
    That's exactly what I told my buddy... I told him it could be good, or a very good fake. I tried to explain to him that the liner looks ... interesting, too... I just posted it to see if anyone could point out some blatant red flags that I am missing.

?

It might stand a chance Joe, but more photos needed, as for the liner, thats nothing to worry about, it looks to be a larger sized helmet which needed the 9 finger liner, ive seen large liners in small helmets but the tongues have been re -sewn smaller

Thanks, Dave!

Is it just me, or does the inside of the dome look to be luftwaffe blue?

Hi Joe,

I'm not seeing any red flags from here.. Though I'd reserve my opinion until some close-ups arrive.

9 fingered liners are not a problem. I assume this lid is a 66 or maybe a 68, unless your friend is smaller than most..

Josh

Thanks, Josh!

I told him pretty much the same thing. He thought the helmet was marked ET 88, but I assure him that the they didn't make them that large... I think they maxed out at ~70. It's most probably an ET 68.

I guess I am leaning things pretty well after all.

Probably an ET68!

Just a little fact, ET manufactured helmets up to size 74!

Extremely rare, though!

Josh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast