Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Camo M40

Article about: Hello, Here I have a camouflage m40 that is complete sans the rear liner rivet. However, my concern is that the maker mark is on the rear skirt above the lot number. I have never encountered

Default Camo M40

Hello,

Here I have a camouflage m40 that is complete sans the rear liner rivet. However, my concern is that the maker mark is on the rear skirt above the lot number. I have never encountered this on an m40 before but since Quist moved their marking to the rear in late 1942 or early 1943, I suppose this could be a very late production m40. Thoughts? Thank you.

Camo M40Camo M40Camo M40Camo M40Camo M40Camo M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo M40
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Correct. Q still made m40 shells right up to almost the end, even after others switched to the m42.

Can you see exactly what the lot number is? S2422? This lot number is listed in one of the lot number databases. With the S prefix being towards the end. "T" being the last in the database before the switch to the m42 shell.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Btw...the one listed is also a camo being tan green and brown however.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you very much for the info. I do not currently have this helmet in my possession, so I can't provide anymore information beyond these pictures. Do you happen to have a link to the lot number database?

hard to tell if the camo is Original from these small photos.
    the lotnr database will not be of any help what camo's are concerned. I leave them out these days unless they have a visible decal that can be authenticated.

MAP
    ?

Frank is correct. I was not trying to link the camo paint to a lot number. But just to answer your question As to the date.

Also, I was not aware you were asking about originally of the camo. As Frank notes, much better pictures are needed.

Michael

Hi, the helmet itself is fine, but as the guy's say, the images are to small to make a call on the cammo. Leon.