Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Camo ND from Italy

Article about: hi guys, what are your thoughts on this helmet? i think its good but i always like to have 2nd opinions. ive never seen this texture of camo paint before. the helmet belongs to a member (or

Default Camo ND from Italy

hi guys, what are your thoughts on this helmet? i think its good but i always like to have 2nd opinions. ive never seen this texture of camo paint before.

the helmet belongs to a member (or once member?) of this forum. he is a very nice guy who i trust so i feel good about it. if its good and we make a deal then it will be my first camo and my 2nd decent helmet so itll make me very happy : )

if you think its bad then please tell me why you think so for my future reference.

thanks to everyone who replies.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo ND from Italy   Camo ND from Italy  

Camo ND from Italy   Camo ND from Italy  

Camo ND from Italy  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo ND from Italy
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camo ND from Italy

After 65 years and there ain't barely a single scratch on it? I'm no expert, but personally I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Liner looks like it's seen not much wear too, and what it does appears to be applied by a brush very sloppily (note splatter of same shade as 'sweat staining'). I'd go as far to say that it was painted last week, it's that unconvincing to me, better wait for the big fish to chime in though.
    Addendum: the paint appears to be oil based, some applied by palette knife and not a brush.

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 07-23-2010 at 01:28 AM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm definately no expert on this, but im going to have to agree wtih ned. The paint to me looks far too recent for my liking. I also dont like the looks of the liner.

Regards,
    Finn

The paint job does look new to me,I do not like the liner also.I would pass on that one.

the paint job is nasty , looks like it was just slapped on and incidentally m,ade to look like it had been there 70 yrs

?

Judging by the paint work around the securing pins id say that the helmet was repainted then the liner replaced and then paint was applied to the pins, plus theres no natural damage to the paint work, also the aluminium liner retaining pins appear to have no grime or age to them, i cant say id be happy about this one IMO