Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Camo Politzie stahlhelm

Article about: Hi all, so far you guys have not been to kind in evaluating my recent items. Enclosed photos of this M42 marked under rear skirt, GF68 and 15573. It is a huge size with even my head swimming

Default Camo Politzie stahlhelm

Hi all, so far you guys have not been to kind in evaluating my recent items. Enclosed photos of this M42 marked under rear skirt, GF68 and 15573.

It is a huge size with even my head swimming in it.

Would appreciate any info or background on this one please.Camo Politzie stahlhelmCamo Politzie stahlhelmCamo Politzie stahlhelm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camo Politzie stahlhelm
    P
    Many

Default Re: Camo Politzie stahlhelm

I think the general feeling is M42's should'nt have decals but i'm no expert and i think the guys on here who are would want to see much clearer close up pics of the decals to ascertain there originality'
    Regards Phill

well it shouldn't be have camo on it thats just someone in their shed with a paintbrush and a pot of paint no idea on the decals close ups would be useful

tom

M-42's did have decals Phil, like you say, better photo's are needed of both of these. The party decal appears to be a second pattern type to me and may be o.k., I'm not sure about the polizei one, there's more varients than I can spot the difference in! Perhaps the number stamps hold the key? That's one for the real helmet guys here! BTW, I like the rotbrun paint, that looks pretty good, but the green strikes, I haven't seen like that pattern anywhere! So, better shots for the guys in the know.....Then perhaps we all will!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi,

Some close ups of the decals on the M42.
    The liner appears to have never been out of this helmet.
    I would say the camo colors could possibly be for the Russian theatre?.
    Oh and there is no trace of odour from the paint whatsoever.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Camo Politzie stahlhelm   Camo Politzie stahlhelm  

Camo Politzie stahlhelm   Camo Politzie stahlhelm  

Camo Politzie stahlhelm  

Thanks Ned

Not a fan of this one. This is an EF shell, and the Party shield is not an EF Party shield. In my opinion, the Party shield is a repro. The white disc is too close to the top of the transfer - a dead give away - and the graphics are off, the disc is too big. In addition, the camo paint doesn't have the type of wear that I want to see. The Police bird has been worked over, to hide the fact that it too is a repro in my opinion. Just my opinion. Sorry, Jim G

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Not a fan of this one. This is an EF shell, and the Party shield is not an EF Party shield. In my opinion, the Party shield is a repro. The white disc is too close to the top of the transfer - a dead give away - and the graphics are off, the disc is too big. In addition, the camo paint doesn't have the type of wear that I want to see. The Police bird has been worked over, to hide the fact that it too is a repro in my opinion. Just my opinion. Sorry, Jim G
    Hi Jim,

I have taken note of your concerns regarding the party decal, and on quickly checking out known genuine ones, I concur entirely with your opinion, it's bad. Thanks very much for the lesson, it's these things that make the hobby so interesting (and also help you avoid being sold a pup!)

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I do like this lid. I've seen this camo with the green flashes before on a SS East front lid. Can't say anything about the decals, out of my lague.

?

Both decals are well known reproduction decals and the camo is 100% postwar. Return this for a refund if you can. Also all police helmets are always double decal btw.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast