Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can some of you guys post pics of your M42 SD Heer decals, decals only, with shell maker info? Thx!

Article about: I'm trying to get a few reference pics for known to be genuine Heer decals from M42 helmets. Can you explain/make sense of the variations. I'm to understand that each maker had it's own deca

Default Can some of you guys post pics of your M42 SD Heer decals, decals only, with shell maker info? Thx!

I'm trying to get a few reference pics for known to be genuine Heer decals from M42 helmets. Can you explain/make sense of the variations. I'm to understand that each maker had it's own decals, and that they differ from one another. So I suppose attaching some maker info to the pics would be important.

Also, what are some opinions on this Sold helmet found on the net, wonderful pics, looking very much real. But some opinions would be great.

M42 German Single Decal Named Heer Combat Helmet

Thx!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can some of you guys post pics of your M42 SD Heer decals, decals only, with shell maker info? Thx!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can some of you guys post pics of your M42 SD Heer decals, decals only. Thx in advance.

Check the top of the Steel Helmet section for references to Heer decals found on all types of helmets. Most decals werent helmet model specific. An ET style decal will look basically the same on an M35, 40 or 42 helmet. That sold helmet looks to have been a good one.

Default Re: Can some of you guys post pics of your M42 SD Heer decals, decals only, with shell maker info? Thx!

Ok, thx. I've been looking at different posts of SD M42's on the site and wasn't getting quite enough info. I'll look at the stickies again ;-)

(Edit) Very good, I checked it out. Unfortunately it is fairly limited, less than one page. Maybe members who would post pics to this thread should post them to the sticky and help it out a bit?
    Last edited by Doppelgänger; 02-20-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Default Re: Can some of you guys post pics of your M42 SD Heer decals, decals only, with shell maker info? Thx!

?

I'd highly recommend buying the book German Combat Helmets available here. This book is a must for helmet collectors.

Helmetssale

Thx I'll check that one out, hopefully not crazy expensive as some books can be. I have a helmet book on the way right now, but it is an older one, and may be more of a collector's item...

Heed Doug's advice and get Kens book. It is worth every penny. It's a small price to pay when you consider it will save you from wasting hundreds or thousands on bad helmets.

?

and save you hundreds or thousands of hours of time!

Quote by DougB View Post
    and save you hundreds or thousands of hours of time!
    True dat! Not to mention extreme disappointment and heartache when you find out a helmet you bought is fake when a simple look into a book would have helped you avoid that altogether. And Ken will probably even sign it for you if you ask nicely and say pretty please

Quote by kilomikesierra1960 View Post
    I'm trying to get a few reference pics for known to be genuine Heer decals from M42 helmets. Can you explain/make sense of the variations. I'm to understand that each maker had it's own decals, and that they differ from one another. So I suppose attaching some maker info to the pics would be important.

Also, what are some opinions on this Sold helmet found on the net, wonderful pics, looking very much real. But some opinions would be great.

M42 German Single Decal Named Heer Combat Helmet

Thx!
    The helmet in the link is a 100% good example.