Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

can you tell me about this helmet..

Article about: Hi I am new to collecting and what it is I got hold of this helmet , can anyone tell me about it please. I have been told its a double decal ss field police helmet .. the liner stamp is date

akawest
    ?

Default can you tell me about this helmet..

Hi I am new to collecting and what it is I got hold of this helmet , can anyone tell me about it please. I have been told its a double decal ss field police helmet .. the liner stamp is dated pre 1945
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture can you tell me about this helmet..   can you tell me about this helmet..  

can you tell me about this helmet..  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: can you tell me about this helmet..

Hi, and welcome. This is an m42 police helmet. I was offered it about one year ago and as far as I can remember I thought the shell and decals were original. I don't believe the chinstrap is period. The chap explained that there had been another badge placed over the police badge and that was how the holes were caused. The chap was an e bay seller. I think from memory the decals were original but it is hard to tell without close up pics. Please post some if you have them and one of the many experts on this forum will help. ( I am not an expert ) cheers
    Andy

akawest
    ?

Quote by BLONDI View Post
    Hi, and welcome. This is an m42 police helmet. I was offered it about one year ago and as far as I can remember I thought the shell and decals were original. I don't believe the chinstrap is period. The chap explained that there had been another badge placed over the police badge and that was how the holes were caused. The chap was an e bay seller. I think from memory the decals were original but it is hard to tell without close up pics. Please post some if you have them and one of the many experts on this forum will help. ( I am not an expert ) cheers
    Andy
    sound like i met the same guy , yes was told the holes over the decal was from another badge, the decal was only found when they removed it for cleaning. I know the chin strap is not original. So what would I have to take close ups of ? If possible what is the Value of this helmet ? Was the guy you met from the midlands at all . thanks

?

Hi, I was also told that the decal was discovered during cleaning. If you want a Valuation on this lid, you would be best to take close up pics of the decals and post them. I am sure that some other member with a better mind than mine will assist. I do like this helmet though!!! What is the maker mark.

Thanks

Andy

Just a quick question, what type decal would have been attached to the metal of the helmet to cause the holes. I have never seen anything like it before. I'm not questioning the helmet just puzzled by the holes. Thanks, John

akawest
    ?

sorry about these photo's my camera is really rubbish,hope these are ok

would this be the makers stamp , if not where would i find it.

?

Looks like a honest helmet, but unfortunately in bad condition
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

akawest
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Looks like a honest helmet, but unfortunately in bad condition
    I like the sound of it looks a honest helmet . I was told one in good condition would have cost me over £1000 but what price should my lid be worth .thanks mike

?

I misread the post and am editing it.
    I would not want that helmet.
    Steve

akawest
    ?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I misread the post and am editing it.
    I would not want that helmet.
    Steve
    this helmet is not for sale... never was never will be..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast