Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Captured helmets

Article about: Got 'em Kris! I don't see any problems with that lid! Second opinion is always good though just to make sure. Good luck! Rob

Default Re: Captured helmets

And there is thise one (not realy an helmet anymore, but I do like it )who just came in, baught to be an "elite" helmet, but I am not that sure it is an SS, what are your opinions on the decal (or what is left over..)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2874.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	233.2 KB 
ID:	50074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2877.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	235.5 KB 
ID:	50075  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2846.jpg 
Size:	230.0 KB 
ID:	50076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2845.jpg 
Size:	239.9 KB 
ID:	50077  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi stuke,
    Nice old relic 42, it,s a shame that the piece has gone because of a stress crack. but it is very hard to say if it was an elite helmet or not, there isnt much left of the decal left to determine what it was.
    Do you know where this one was dug ?.
    dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi stuke,
    Nice old relic 42, it,s a shame that the piece has gone because of a stress crack. but it is very hard to say if it was an elite helmet or not, there isnt much left of the decal left to determine what it was.
    Do you know where this one was dug ?.
    dave.
    Hey Panzer,
    I baught the helmet in Germany, but I do not know his story.

?

Quote by stuka f View Post
    And there is thise one (not realy an helmet anymore, but I do like it )who just came in, baught to be an "elite" helmet, but I am not that sure it is an SS, what are your opinions on the decal (or what is left over..)
    Decal is on the incorrect side to be an SS decal, if a reversed decal then there should be a party decal on the other side and the SS decal should be covering a Police decal on the left side (in most cases). A very rare configuration to find.
    Either way this decal is too far gone to make any conclusions.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Decal is on the incorrect side to be an SS decal, if a reversed decal then there should be a party decal on the other side and the SS decal should be covering a Police decal on the left side (in most cases). A very rare configuration to find.
    Either way this decal is too far gone to make any conclusions.
    That is what I tought! Thanks for taking the time. By the way I added some (+/- better??)more pictures in thise same treath about the WH mod40.

?

That is what I tought! Thanks for taking the time. By the way I added some (+/- better??)more pictures in thise same treath about the WH mod40.

That is an M35 with something really funky happening to the vent holes btw. The Heer decal appears to be a fake Q bigfoot decal and a fake party shield, not loving the paint job either on this NS.
    I do not believe a Q decal would be found on an NS shell.

Quote by DougB View Post
    That is an M35 with something really funky happening to the vent holes btw. The Heer decal appears to be a fake Q bigfoot decal and a fake party shield, not loving the paint job either on this NS.
    I do not believe a Q decal would be found on an NS shell.
    That is some bad news !! I tought it was time to improve the collection, it makes me realize I don't know shit.I better stick to my ground dugs...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

?

That is some bad news !! I tought it was time to improve the collection, it makes me realize I don't know shit.I better stick to my ground dugs...
    The only way is to learn, I would not give up Kris. If you can get your money back I would, if not well we have all been there.

Study and learn, the only way!

sorry for the bad news kris mate

Quote by DougB View Post
    The only way is to learn, I would not give up Kris. If you can get your money back I would, if not well we have all been there.

Study and learn, the only way!
    I am not giving up, it is just that I tought being ready to soon!
    Also that other thing bothering me; what is the exact difference between a M 35 and a M40? I tought it was only the vent hole being part of the helmet or not. Apparently I made the mistake twice thise week!!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    cheers
    |<ris

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast