Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Changing colours.

Article about: Hello all, We often see helmets that appear to be a different colour to what is normally seen and this in turn rightfully leads to much debate and discussion as it should. Earlier today I wa

Default Changing colours.

Hello all,

We often see helmets that appear to be a different colour to what is normally seen and this in turn rightfully leads to much debate and discussion as it should. Earlier today I was looking at some photos of a Luftwaffe M42 that I purchased earlier this year and came across two photos of the same lid that had been sent to me from the seller. What surprised me was the difference in colour between the two helmets (although quite acceptable) even though the light conditions weren’t markedly different. Not sure if they were taken with two different devices and I’m sure outside photos would have been a slightly different colour too (depending on the light conditions). Just an observation but it does highlight for me the importance of good outside or well lit photos particularly if the colour of the helmet doesn’t seem quite right.

Andy

Changing colours.Changing colours.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Changing colours.
    P
    Many

Here are three photos of my Quist 62. All three are of the same helmet.
    Lighting can make such a huge difference.

Changing colours.

Changing colours.

Changing colours.

And this helmet which looks black, but this is probably just the lighting:
    Opinions on this Luftwaffe M40

?

It is the background that create problems, that is why outside photos in daylight with a lawn etc as background is the absolute best way to show colors.

Yes it is pretty tough shooting a helmet sometimes , especially for camo helmets getting the right light on them is important.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    It is the background that create problems, that is why outside photos in daylight with a lawn etc as background is the absolute best way to show colors.
    I've found a white background is not always the best - it only works if you have a good lighting setup such as a light box.
    Outside can be difficult too, especially in bright sunlight.
    Camo helmets are indeed difficult to photograph.
    Nick

Great Helmet and picture .... last one black background

MAP
    ?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

According to my experience i was never able to get the right color even if i use a pretty good equipment with a light box .
    the background indeed does influence the paint of the helmets (as Trond said) factory issued or camo whatever they are.
    I always have to adjust the hue and saturation as cameras tend to enhance a little depending from the lightning