Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cheater Buy- M35

Article about: Need some help here from the experts. Visited my daughter this weekend at college, parked out on the street and while walking in I saw a sign that read, "He cheated on me so I am sellin

Good for 70 bucks though!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thank you all for the replies and the help. One more question......
    Decided to follow the advice here and leave this helmet alone. I did remove the liner string just to get a better look at the inside. I can see on one side the size,(68nA over 61) and on the other the date "1939" surrounded by the maker but I can not make that out.
    Also noticed that the repro leather liner is held on w/brass, round head, liner rivets. After doing some searching I found one site that said the Norweigan reworked helmets have replacement brass, round head rivets,(this also explains the green brushed on paint around the original liner band).
    I noticed the repro liner rivets are flat head, stamped out aluminum. Were there any war time liner rivets that were round heads? Or were they all these flat head aluminum? Thanks again, Paul.

by liner rivets I guess you mean the small ones that hold the leather onto the inner band. In that case no, they were always the thin flat type.

Just what I was talking about...... Thanks for the picture K-Spam!

Great looking helmet for the cash and at least you got a real deal shell out of the whole thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	883.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	221.1 KB 
ID:	593407Click image for larger version. 

Name:	884.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	220.3 KB 
ID:	593408Click image for larger version. 

Name:	885.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	227.4 KB 
ID:	593409Here is what I think may be the deal........ This was a Norway helmet that someone repainted and reworked, a few years back. While looking thru some of the other stuff I got in this sale I found what I think was the original liner. It seems to have the red/brown dye that you see w/one of these Norway reworks and there is a drip of that light green paint very close to the size stamp, that matches the paint brushed onto the side of this steel liner band.

That seals it, no doubt that is a Norway reworked leather.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12